We are urgently looking to appoint a Temporary Property Surveyor to be based at our client location in Didcot starting as soon as possible working until 31st March with a possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties:
The duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility and the post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties appropriate to the grading of the post
- To assist the strategic property team leader in the delivery of strategic property projects and taking the lead on specific projects as necessary
- To liaise with and brief specialist advisors as needed
- To brief and advise councillors, strategic management board, Council heads of service, the economic development manager and other Arcadis managers and Council officers
- To negotiate with tenants, purchasers, property and land owners on leases, licences, easements, disposals, covenants and other property transactions and to work with the Councils’ legal services to ensure that transactions of council-owned property are dealt with in a timely manner
- To manage the rented income and service charge accounting, and minimising variances and over/underspends of budgets in year
- To implement the actions in the asset management plan and work with Council service teams to support them in asset management matters
- To use and develop the property and asset management system (Concerto) to maintain the quality of property data and use this as a basis for measuring and benchmarking the performance of the assets.
- To ensure that the estate is fit for purpose, complaint with statutory legislation and well maintained to retain asset value
- Lead, coach and develop team members to deliver service excellence.
- Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilise and embed Arcadis best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery.
- Be able to take a brief from a client and assist in the preparation and delivery of fee proposals and presentations.
- Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation as part of the Arcadis way.
- Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of personal development planning.
The duties may vary from time to time without changing the nature of the post or the level of responsibility and the post holder may also be required to carry out any other duties appropriate.
Role Requirements (Skills & Behaviours)
Your essential skills, knowledge and experience
- At least three years post qualification experience
- Experience in using Microsoft Office, Outlook 365, GIS systems and property management systems
- Good knowledge of property law, statutory frameworks and guidelines
- Knowledge and experience of procurement methods and contract management
- Experience in project management
- Experience in financial management
- A driving licence and a vehicle insured for business use.
- Candidate to be able to demonstrate successful service performance; ideally in a consultancy environment for public sector clients but all experience welcome
- Articulate in written and oral communication.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to manage a complex workload, achieve targets and respond flexibly to changing needs and demands
- Self-motivated with an ability to work as an individual and as a member of a team
- Good at building relationships with internal and external colleagues and advisors
- Commitment to valuing diversity and equality, respecting customers and colleagues in all relationships and service delivery.
Recognised degree or equivalent experience
If you have the following experience or qualifications - it’s a bonus
- A degree related to Estate Management or surveying
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors in a relevant discipline
- Experience in property development
- Knowledge and understanding of local government and its services.
- Property Management
- Chartered Surveyors