Ambridge Harris are recruiting for a firm in Bristol who are looking for a Finance Assistant for a 3 month temp role. This role is responsible for delivering day to day and month end bank accounting and processes for this business.
Daily duties involve:
- Delivering Banking integration tasks to deadline; obtaining the list of existing SOs and DDs from the finance team and ensuring they are successfully transferred, sending out client BACs letters, timely and accurate completion and delivery of new bank mandates, tidying up and closing all Non-HSBC bank accounts within the 90-day deadline.
- Querying with finance team as appropriate to identify any unknown bank items, to ensure they can be posted correctly, minimising un-posted items on the bank at month-end
- Delivering fully reconciled Bank to deadline on a monthly basis, with no uncleared cheque payments >6 months old and no uncleared cash receipts on the bank or the cash book >60 days that have not been escalated to the relevant BSM and the FC
- Delivering the SLA with the business on the Banking Inbox, including ensuring all queries are responded to within 24 hours and all queries are resolved within 3 working days
- Dealing with queries and with finance ensuring any banking process issues are picked up and resolved
- Being proactive in issue identification and resolution
- Any other tasks as directed
- Studying AAT (or equivalent qualification/experience)
- Able to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Confident of dealing with a high volume workload
- Clear and confident communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills - including intermediate Excel
- A questioning mind, constantly looking for where improvements can be made
- Flexible approach to work
- A strong team ethic
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successfulAmbridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.