The UK's specialist health university - They have a dynamic research culture, with teams working to improve the health of people of all ages, from children to the elderly, in populations locally and globally.
They are the only UK university based in a hospital and the only university to specialise in healthcare and medicine.
This is an exciting 6-month admin placement supporting the team at the university!
* 6 month fixed term contract for April – August 2020 *
Academic & Student Support
- Using various modes of communication (e.g. face-to-face, email, telephone):
- Provide basic advice to students and staff
- Provide information (e.g. dates) to external examiners
- Liaise with external suppliers, including ordering stationery and catering (where necessary)
- Liaise with the porters to ensure arrangements are in place
- Ensure web page is accurate and provides up-to-date information
Examination Procedures and Arrangements
- Produce and maintain candidate information for each programme and year
- Ensure all necessary arrangements are in place to ensure the smooth of running of all examinations
- Assist with the collation of questions and distribution of results and feedback
- Prepare and process results
- Produce and distribute result notifications to students and academic staff, via result letter and portal
- Manage the real patient database and recruit as necessary
- Monitor own workload and prioritise appropriately
- Identify areas of concern, suggest solutions and escalate appropriately
- Contribute to and support projects undertaken.
- Show a flexible approach and be a proactive member of the team
- Provide assistance to the student centre when required
Key attributes of the successful applicant include:
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to deal professionally and empathetically with students and staff at all levels
- Systematic and logical worker
- Highly motivated, proactive and flexible, reliable and approachable
- Experience within an administrative role preferably in higher education
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to organise complex data and work consistently with attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team, and on own initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workload to meet strict and often overlapping deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office tools, as well as experience of using databases
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'