Our client is an exciting e-commerce company, based in North London. They provide industry leading products which represent fantastic value for money for consumers, whilst providing profitable incremental revenue for suppliers.
They are seeking an ambitious Sales Team Manager to help lead the new business unit tasked with sourcing new activities and suppliers from across the UK. Reporting into the Buying Director, they will be responsible for delivering the agreed product plan to time and budget by meeting and exceeding demanding but realistic B2B contracting targets.
They will lead from the front to recruit, coach and motivate a permanent team of up to 25 people and three team leaders (80% of the time), scaling to meet project requirements and meeting their own sales targets (20% of the time).
- An energetic self-starter with a passion for success
- You should be highly commercial, a strong negotiator and an exceptional communicator with demonstrable cold calling and selling skills
- A sound understanding of e-commerce with a good knowledge of the latest trends in social media/group buying
- Highly strategic- own the full product journey from creation, to contracting to launch
- Inspirational leader-be able to get the best from their team and help them to exceed their targets whenever possible
- Help to define and then deliver sourcing plans for Buying team across the full category mix
- Manage and recruit team resources to deliver on the sourcing plans
- Prepare accurate forecasting and panning documents and react to changing data to drive management actions to ensure short terms targets are hit
- Monitor performance of team to agreed KPI’s and provide daily/weekly reporting to Buying Director and others within the business
- Assign the right resources at the right time to meet the required product launch schedule
- Work within the Buying Director to drive product development plans and with target setting
- Work with the existing Account Management team to ensure that any new suppliers and products are properly integrated into the account management cycle using the agreed processes
- Work with the Head of Partner Management to ensure that products are set up in a timely fashion using the agreed processes
- Work across business units to ensure accurate benchmarking and sharing of best practice
- Proven experience managing and coaching a large [tele]sales team
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce and associated reporting tools to provide exceptional data insight to the entire sales team activity.
- A passion for coaching, personal development helping to get the best from the fun and energetic team
- An exceptional team player with experience of working with stakeholders across different business areas
- Experience in the hospitality/leisure/entertainment industry an advantage but not essential
- Experience of buying and strategy within the UK daily deals industry are highly desirable
Salary: Up to 70k + Bonus
Apologies, but due to the predicted number of applicants we are only able to respond to successful candidates who meet the criteria as agreed with our client. We appreciate your understanding.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job