Put your old career to bed and start a new exciting journey with this superb opportunity to join Platts Animal Bedding, where you’ll be encouraged and supported to get the most out of your customer service and / or telesales experience and receive all the tools required to progress and excel in your career.
Who will I be working with?
Platts Animal Bedding is a market-leading UK manufacturer and supplier of quality animal bedding. Established for over 40 years, the family-owned business supplies thousands of farmers throughout the UK and Southern Ireland. Working from the depot located in Wrexham, you’ll be part of an employee focused company that truly believes the whole team plays a key role in the business’ success, and each team member is actively encouraged and supported to develop and progress their skills and reach their full potential.
What will this role of Telesales Executive entail?
Working as part of a dynamic and driven sales team, as a Telesales Executive you will be responsible for contacting existing and prospective customers to promote a range of animal bedding products. You will receive comprehensive product training that will enable you to utilise your sales skills and focus on quickly becoming a key member of the team. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Contacting existing customers to establish requirements and advise of promotions where appropriate, to generate repeat business
- Handling inbound queries and taking telephone orders
- Following up on website enquiries, trade show events, media advertising and marketing campaigns and making outbound calls to prospective customers to promote products
- Proactively identifying potential key accounts through fact finding
- Managing the CRM system effectively, ensuring the database remains up-to-date at all times
- Providing high standards of customer service, representing the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Processing orders on Sage and maintaining accurate database records
- Working closely with departments across the business to ensure a smooth and efficient experience for the customer
- From time to time, opportunities may arise to attend industry trade shows with the marketing manager, allowing you to meet customers and sell face-to-face
What will I need to be considered for this Telesales Executive vacancy?
- Proven experience gained within a proactive customer service / telesales role
- Positive and friendly attitude with excellent communication and rapport building skills
- Results driven and self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently
- Timely and accurate typing and data entry skills
- IT literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, experience of using CRM databases would be advantageous
A good understanding of the agricultural industry would be advantageous, although not essential as full training on products and industry will be provided.
What will I receive in return?
You will be part of a friendly, positive and professional team within a well-established and employee focused company, where you will be provided with opportunities for continuous professional development and career progression. Your dedication and results will be recognised and well rewarded with exciting incentive schemes and sales person of the month awards.
Salary: £16,000 to £18,000, level dependent on experience
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Llay (Wrexham, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Telesales Executive vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Platts Animal Bedding. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Platts Animal Bedding, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.