Our client has an exciting opportunity to join them in the role of Business Development Executive, based out of their office in Edgbaston, Birmingham - near Five Ways train station.
This is a permanent position with a competitive salary, commission and working hours of 9am to pm, Monday to Friday.
You will primarily be working with warm leads, speaking to existing clients and organisations who have had engagement with the company. You will predominantly be promoting and selling professional training courses, but could also be involved in identifying new membership opportunities and upgrades to existing membership, as well as other consultancy sales opportunities.
We are looking for candidates with previous experience in sales, customer service and/or recruitment; ideally with experience working in a non-scripted, telephone based role.
Our client has been established for over 120 years and is the UK’s leading trade body focused on the Manufacturing and Engineering Sector. They offer a range of professional services and work with a broad range of businesses, including world-renowned, blue-chip companies.
You will be responsible for:
• Making outbound calls to members and non-members and building rapport/networking
• Identifying potential sales opportunities
• Speaking with current customers to identify opportunities for the Field Sales team to upsell wider services
• Regularly update and monitor CRM systems
• Dealing with inbound calls and emails
• Booking appointments and passing on new leads to relevant business unit personnel.
Skills and experience:
• Experienced in making calls to secure business, sales and/or appointments
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can quickly build rapport and trust over the phone
• Ability to speak with potential customers in a business conversation rather than as a scripted/transactional call and to understand their requirements.
• Detail-oriented and comfortable working with data sources to plan activity and ensure sales pipelines are accurate.
• Has a genuine passion for the delivery of first class customer service.
• Self-motivated with a drive to succeed
Benefits & additional information:
• Competitive salary, plus commission structure
• Working hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
• Free on-site parking
• Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
• Private health care plan
• Annual leave of 26 days plus Bank Holidays
Our client asks that all job applicants share their company-wide commitment to putting the Customer First.
If you are invited to an interview you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding and provide examples of having delivered high levels of customer service.