Business Development / Sales Executive - B2B Brand Loyalty Scheme (6 month contract)
Location - Central London
Salary - £22/24,000
My client is a well established leading UK brand with around 30,000 staff in the UK, Republic of Ireland, China, Bangladesh and Denmark, plus thousands more who work in our franchise stores around the world.
We are recruiting for a brand new role in my clients Corporate Gift Card Department of the Personal Finance Division for a Business Development / Sales Executive on a fixed term 6 month contract. The Corporate Gift Card Department is responsible for the sale of my clients Gift Cards and Gift Vouchers to external companies that wish to use the well loved Brand as part of incentives, rewards, long service and seasonal gifts/awards to their staff and/or their customers.
Working as part of a small sales and customer focused team you will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, nurturing and generating prospective business leads in order to secure appointments for the Commercial Manager as part of planned new business development activity. This role is intended to drive client acquisition and support the Commercial Manager in successfully delivering the five year plan to increase profitable sales.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Identify new business leads within relevant target markets/sectors and conduct research in order to understand the operational needs and opportunities of target businesses as well as to identify key buying influencers within these prospects
- Secure appointments for the Commercial Manager with key buying influencers within target business
- Utilise telephone, mass electronic and traditional communication - including mailers, email, LinkedIn and social media - to introduce the brand and products into previously mined businesses and key buying influencers
- Build and cultivate prospective relationships initiated through communications activity, including conducting follow-up communications to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Manage data for new and prospective clients, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate and up to date
- Analyse industry trends and work with Commercial Manager to develop and help implement commercial contact strategies and initiatives to capitalise on market opportunities and drive profitable growth
In order to succeed in this role you must have around 1 years’ experience of cold calling and/or telesales experience with evidence of successful sales conversion as well as being highly motivated and target-driven with a sales orientated mentality. An understanding of lead generation in a B2B industry an advantage but is not essential. In addition you’ll have experience of analysing data and research output as you will undertake company research across multiple sources.
Whatever sector you have worked in you’ll have the ability to confidently communicate in a corporate environment with budget holders and decision makers as well as the ability to build and develop relationships remotely.
Strong organisational and administrative skills are essential alongside excellent PC skills. Knowledge of databases would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Competitive salary plus bonus base on lead generation
- 25% discount
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) prorated to the length of contract
- Company pension scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Onsite subsidised restaurant
- Business Development
- Sales Executive