£25,000 - £28,000 OTE (Max base salary £21,500)
Paymentshield is the leading provider of insurance products to mortgage advisers. Founded in 1992 and based beside the sea in sunny Southport, we have developed five flexible products: Home Insurance, Landlord’s Insurance, IncomeShield, MortgageProtector, Home Buyer’s Protection, all designed around the needs of the customer. We’re proud of the quality and breadth of insurers that our home insurance panel offers, meaning more choice for the customer.
In 2006 we became part of the Towergate Group, the UK’s largest independently owned insurance intermediary, generating £3 billion of pro forma gross written premiums across its companies and employing circa 4,400 people (including 280 strong Paymentshield team) across 100 UK offices.
Towergate is an important distribution channel for a significant range of insurance products and a key strategic partner for the UK’s largest insurers. Towergate’s scale, customer insight and distribution relationships make it a unique business and a leader in the markets in which it operates. Its combination of distribution and underwriting gives it unparalleled consumer data and market insight.
Principle Objectives & Responsibilities
Make proactive outgoing sales calls on a daily basis with target accounts to strengthen relationships and promote the PSL product proposition
Ensure delivery of contact / relationship management strategy to maximise business results from panel
Develop an appropriate business plan to maximise sales within a panel of accounts
Keep accurate up to date information on panels including seller numbers, General Insurance potential etc
Be able to discuss products and tailor your pitch to both senior level influencers and sellers
Apply knowledge of Paymentshield proposition using the telephone to build trusted partnerships with target accounts and deliver ongoing sales growth.
Build strong and productive working relationships with both key sales and administrative staff at all accounts as well as a strong personal network internally
Develop and maintain an understanding of internal & external customer needs in order to assist the Company in meeting its’ business objectives
Understand and adhere to Paymentshield and Industry compliance standards
Positively articulate company products, propositions and marketing messages for existing and any new developments.
Show an understanding of the challenges facing the industry at present and illustrate a knowledge of the operational attention to detail that will be required to succeed within the industry
- Strong sales focus with a competitive drive to succeed combined with excellent telephone skills
- Self starter with high energy with the ability to work both individually and in a team environment to achieve an agreed business plan
- Demonstrate ability to build professional and influential customer relationships and a strong team player internally
- Excellent negotiation skills to manage customer expectations and capitalise on sales opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Concern for excellence in customer service;
- Business Development and Planning;
- Effective planning and prioritisation of work;
- Achievement of set targets.
- Familiarity with systems and a thorough understanding of the processes that underlie the business;
- Technical understanding of the general insurance range of products;
- Good Commercial awareness;
- Intermediate Excel skills
- CEMAP Module 1&2
Please apply online
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job