Telecoms Sales Executives £40k basic £100k OTE
£40,000 a year uncapped OTE plus benefits
Rapidly growing, dynamic telecoms company.
Due to sustained success, our client is expanding their sales team and are looking to recruit experienced sales professionals with industry knowledge of Cloud based solutions, IP telephony Solutions or Unified Comms sales.
Key responsibilities for this job:
- To make a significant contribution to the company’s business sales revenue
- To define, develop and own key client relationships and contact strategy.
- Develop and execute short, medium and long term business plans to exceed targets
- Achieve and exceed margin, contract value, and revenue targets
- Deliver against key performance indicators and objectives
- Prospect, qualify, negotiate and close key new business deals
- Build and maintain a solid and robustly qualified pipeline of sales opportunities within assigned industry verticals growing to a level of 3x target coverage.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly sales achievement within accuracy of +/- 10%
- Religiously maintain opportunity pipeline and deal positions on Salesforce
- Develop strategy, produce win-plans and execute on major deals
- Define target list and engage suspects based on clearly defined criteria
- Carry out and record target prospect meetings in line with agreed KPIs
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the factors impacting the technology market, adoption and trends for assigned verticals
- Generate strong relationships with senior executives within customer and prospect base
- Develop and sustain network of contacts and key individuals within assigned verticals and target market arena
- Identify and develop opportunities for strategic step-change revenue growth
- Produce quotations and lead responses to tenders, RFI’s, RFPs, and other response formats
- Build and provide clear leadership to virtual teams in pursuit of major business opportunities
- Collect and understand target client requirements, building commercial propositions based on Capex , Opex and other commercial needs to gain competitive advantage
- Understand and be able to articulate deal level P&Ls
- Attend, present and host at industry events
- Build and maintain a strong technical and commercial understanding of key product propositions particularly: WAN (MPLS, Point to Point), Hosting and Cloud, Managed IT services; Hosted Voice and Unified Comms.
- Build and leverage an understanding of competition and their propositions to our advantage
- Formulate and complete client presentations to an exceptional standard
- Complete monthly reports and other administrative requirements to quality standards and required timeframes.
- Other tasks as required and commensurate with role
Knowledge and experience required:
- Extensive experience within the Telecoms, Hosting, UC, and Vendor environment
- Experience in developing business in assigned industry verticals
- Experience selling managed IT services - Including Unified Communications, SAS and Cloud solutions
- Consultative sales person who can identify and sell against key business drivers
- Highly skilled and experienced negotiator who is able to quickly build relationships with senior, key influential decision makers
- An innovative approach and an expert grasp of technology and technical solution which will drive business value.
- Strong understanding of technology application in the Hosting, WAN, Cloud, UC and Voice arenas
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial understanding and business acumen
- Strong sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, campaign management)
- Detailed understanding of sales process and demonstration of world class sales rigour
- Proven track record of identifying, developing and closing opportunities
- Proven and consistent track record of target over-achievement
- Excellent networking ability and natural communication style
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation, numeracy and written skills
- Strong problem solving abilities; able to facilitate discussions and outcomes
- Able to travel within designated territory and able to work with the minimum of supervision
- Microsoft XP (Excel, Word, Email, Access, Power Point)
- Salesforce experience advantageous but not essential
- New Business Development