Reporting to the Head of Technical Support and the Business Operations Manager you will be supporting the client's business and customers with technical support across both the IT and Telecommunications infrastructure. This will also involve several nights based away from Bristol when you will carry out nationwide installations as and when required as the Lead Engineer on site.
With access to a company vehicle or pool car you will be required to visit customers sites to assist with the installation of the hardware to support the application of the products supplied for which you will be offered appropriate hotel accommodation provided at the company's expense plus an allowance of up to £25.00 per night sustenance.
You will be expected to learn and understand all products and services which are supported in the company portfolio to ultimately take technical support tickets to resolution with agreed/allotted time frames and cost to business. Based from the Bristol office you will be required to attend customer premises on a national basis. When required it may be necessary for you to be away from home overnight (or for extended periods of time) and therefore the company will ensure appropriate hotel accommodation is provided for you at the company's expense along with an allowance of up to £25.00 per night sustenance.
If you are a true leader and motivator, self-driven with a positive and confident can do outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit then this could be the role for you. You should be domestically secure as you will be expected to spend time away from home when required without upsetting your domestic situation. You need to be able to commute reliably to customers and staff, able to work extended hours on occasions when required and must have a driving licence with no more than 3 points.
You must be adept in use of MS Office, particularly Excel, Word, Internet and email and an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator.
Key responsibilities and accountability's:
- Internal IT Support to all staff/office
- Application creation and build assistance in line with product strategy
- Continued maintenance of applications
- Record notes of customer calls via a customer base management system (Synergy)
- Raise support tickets for customer as and when required for technical support desk
- Rectify tickets within set time frames and SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Assist with installations of telecoms systems at customer premises nationwide when required
- Assist with customer visits as and when site visit required to rectify ticket
- Updating of Synergy customer notes/tasks when required
- Liaise with customer throughout ticket process to ensure customers are kept informed through to resolution
- Out of hours and/or overtime may be required from time to time
Salary depending on experience between £20 - 25K per annum. Core hours are 8.30 to 5.30 Monday to Friday.
To find out more or apply please contact Trevor Ancelet on or send your CV to