My client is a well established, specialist Telecoms company providing advanced Telecommunications solutions, to both Corporate and SME clients throughout the UK.
There is now a requirement for an additional Telecoms engineer to join the team. This is an interesting and varied role, primarily involving field installation / maintenance, office based support, new system installation & commissioning responsibilities. For this role it is essential the successful candidate has installed / maintained business phone systems - such as Avaya IP Office, Panasonic, LG iPECs or similar PBX / IP Telephony systems (Samsung, NEC, Mitel etc).
Reporting to the Technical Manager the successful Telecoms Engineer will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of a range of PBX/IP/VOIP systems, throughout the UK. The role will consist of the following:
- Site surveys.
- Termination and installation of Cat 5E/6.
- Install, programme and commission PBX/IP/VOIP telephone systems.
- Planning and coordinating the installation of Telecom associated equipment
- Train customers on use of systems.
- Maintain and troubleshoot system faults as required on customer sites
- Office based 1st line support.
- To provide accurate and prompt reporting.
- Liaise with and update other departments.
Qualifications and experience needed:
- Extensive knowledge of telecoms systems - primarily involving field installation/maintenance Avaya IP Office/Panasonic/Alcatel PBX/IP Telephony Systems or similar (Samsung, NEC, Mitel etc.)
- Able to work towards and meet tight deadlines.
- Have a flexible approach to the working day.
- Understand moves and changes to PABX systems
- Basic networking principals
- A high attention to detail.
- Experience of programming and diagnostics
- Previous proven engineering experience within a telecoms engineering environment.
- Generous salary £28 to 36,000 (negotiable depending on experience/training and knowledge)
- Company vehicle and fuel card
- Working hours Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Good working environment and supportive culture
- Staff bonuses
If you feel you have the skills, please apply now.
To apply, please submit your CV via this website or contact Rachel Locke at Strand Recruitment for more information.
- PABX Systems
- IP PBX
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'