Grade: Corporate Assistant
Business Unit: Technology Solutions
Reporting To: Technology Solutions (Assurance) Manager or Senior Manager
Key Relationships: External Audit Team, Internal Audit teams
This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure to build a career within Technology Solutions at Mazars.
As a Technology Solutions Junior Consultant within the national Technology Solutions team, and reporting directly to the Technology Solutions (Assurance) Manager or Senior Manager in London, you will be responsible for delivering IT risk based assurance work to a range of corporate, financial services, and public sector clients across London and South. Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and you will need excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
A broad range of clients and sectors are included in the client portfolios in the London & South including:
- Financial Services, Banking, Insurance
- Corporates/Private Sector/Large & Listed
- Central and Local Government
In addition, our national practice includes a large and diverse range of sectors including Financial Services, Corporates, and Public Sector. The candidate would be expected to contribute relevant skills and experience to the national practice as the need arises.
• Responsibility for executing day to day IT Assurance work and reviews on behalf of a number of clients in London and working with National practice including contributing to closing meetings with client management, and acting as a point of contact for both the Partner and client, ensuring both are kept fully informed of any issues arising and the progress of the work;
• To deliver work to the highest technical standards including ensuring the work is conducted in line with Mazars Quality standards;
• Ensuring all work is undertaken to budget and meets client KPIs;
• To build and develop long term relationships with senior stakeholders across our client organisations as well as within Mazars itself;
• Build and develop strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Respond to the needs of the client and staff;
• Clearly understand the wider service line capabilities of Technology Solutions and the wider firm and how these may benefit your clients;
• Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Identify and transform opportunities and prospects into new work.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
• Holds some experience of conducting IT assurance, or IT related experience post qualification;
• Working towards or willing to study towards relevant professional qualification such as CISA / QiCA / ACCA / MIIA (or equivalent) ;
• Graduate or post-graduate in technology or business studies including systems (or have adequate experience to compensate);
• Experience of building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
• Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in performing IT general controls review for at least one key application such as SAP or Oracle, and standard packages such as Agresso, Microsoft Dynamics, Sage;
• Knowledge of operating systems such as unix, windows server, and linux and databases such as SQL, Oracle, DB2;
• Experience in delivering audit analytics within projects or knowledge of using tools such as ACL, and using SQL;
• Experience in implementation assistance, reviews, and project management office for ERP such as SAP, MS Dynamics;
• Experience in GRC tools such as SAP GRC;
• Have a sound technical understanding of IT risks and hot topics;
• Experience of delivering to a portfolio of clients;
• Hold some technical abilities in audit methodologies;
• The Technology Solutions Team also delivers services such as Cyber, Data Privacy, Forensics, Data Analytics and IT Outsourcing. Experience of any of these service lines would be an advantage.
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence over 80 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.