Technology Media and IT Solicitor
My client is a dynamic law company with a modern organisational structure and an agile, fluid team-centric model. Not held back by tradition, we're always looking to improve our client service and grow our community of lawyers.
We're a team of instinctively commercial lawyers, passionate about delivering the best legal service with our people and our clients at the heart of everything we do.
As experts in our fields, total quality at all levels of our business is our hallmark. This is our measure of success: long-standing client relationships, helping our clients to achieve their business objectives as an extension of our client's commercial and legal teams.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team. The firm provides proactive, responsive and quality legal guidance across a comprehensive range of services. With multiple offices in Cardiff and London they advise clients across the UK and internationally.
Their collegiate style allows us to work well as a team and towards our common aim of delivering exceptional client service. We are proud of our culture, which has helped to foster a dynamic law firm.
The Technology Media & Telecoms ('TMT') team consists of highly regarded specialist lawyers dedicated to advising clients on all aspects of IT, communications, Intellectual Property ("IP"), digital media, data protection (GDPR), competition law and freedom of information law issues.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious lawyer to join our specialist TMT team. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented lawyer to work with a leading practitioner in this field of work. The role will involve:
- Providing legal advice and assistance primarily on a range IT, communications, IP, digital media, data protection (GDPR), competition law and freedom of information law issues.
- Advising on and assisting with the drafting of a wide range of TMC, IP and commercial agreements.
- Working as part of a team on large IT and communications outsourcing projects.
- Contributing to marketing initiatives and seminars.
Skills & Experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience
- Experience of software licensing, cloud computing, IT & communication services and support agreements
- E-business, web hosting and/or development agreements
- Protection, management, exploitation and enforcement of IP rights
- Data protection and freedom of information laws
- EU Procurement Regulations, State Aid and Competition law
- Corporate support - undertaking due diligence from an IP, IT and data protection perspective
- Commercial contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way - a team player.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, and be an innovative thinker.
Competitive with a comprehensive benefits package and career development path.
For a confidential discussion on this role please contact Daniel Mason at our head offices
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'