The Technology Change & Quality Assurance Manager is the subject matter expert and lead responsible and accountable for ensuring:
- change implementations are well prepared, non-functionally tested, safely commissioned and associated business-wide risks are surfaced & mitigated to protect Huntswood's service to its clients and employees.
- adherence to Policies, Processes and Procedure Controls through review and data analysis
- technology change, quality and service risks are surfaced & mitigated to protect Huntswood's technology service to its clients and employees in accordance to ISO & prevailing standards.
- change & version control is performed including active leadership of the change governance
- quality management system is current & effective, with an emphasis on the shift to dev ops, agile and continuous approaches within the Technology delivery
- End-to-end ownership of change & service transition of new and modified systems & data
- Ensure the maximum levels of automation in change control, regression assurance and in the use of systems such as Jira and service desk to drive quality & root cause learning etc
- Own and regularly communicate current forward plan the release windows and cycles across the portfolio in agreement with business owners and PMOs
- Operate a quality management system that measures the success of releases based on time, scope, budget, test coverage and expectations; whilst enabling the shift to dev ops, agile and continuous approaches
- Communicate pro-actively all key commitments and changes to them, QA plans and implementation schedules
- Proactively engage with the owners of each change and treat each change as important to the owner
- Develop and drive overall test strategies to validate quality, reliability, completeness and consistency in business change
- Produce deployment, run books, implementation and reversion plans
- Communicate, negotiate, plan release details including checklists and manage all release activities
- Manage all resources whether internal or external to achieve successful releases and be seen as in charge and in control
- Lead change process and automation initiatives within the scope of the role - in particular software paths to live, regression and non-functional testing
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build & release procedures, dependencies and notification lists; work collaboratively with the IT service management and operations teams
- Accountable to forward plan the Technology Controls Review across all areas of technology
- Responsible for managing the risks across Technology ensuring appropriate Risk Treatment Plan and Residual Risk are properly identified, maintained, resolved and reported.
- Responsible for resolving/maintaining system's to track issues that affect the Policy, Process and Procedure scope and quality delivery within Technology.
- Provide support and guidance for Policy, Process and Procedure development, implementation and conformance, where possible realigning existing controls.
- Responsible for implementing controls with control owners throughout technology aligned to Technology Policies, Processes and Procedures.
- Responsible for the Technology DR Policies, Processes and Procedures are fit for purpose in so far as they provide assurance they meet the required outcomes.
- Responsible for managing all resources whether internal or external to achieve successful technology assurance activities and represent Technology Assurance to the wider Huntswood and its suppliers & clients
- Responsible for maintaining a Technology Assurance repository containing all Policies, Processes and Procedures aligned to ISO Controls
- Responsible for ensuring all technology 3rd Parties are adhering to Huntswood Technology controls including audit checks and non-conformance reporting & remediation
- Accountable for Technology ISO Controls are met across all Policies, Processes and Procedures, raising where appropriate non-conformance and remediation plans with stakeholder engagement and commitment.
- Excellent, proactive communicator - verbal and written
- Ability to write clear policies and procedures at pace, documentation is a breeze
- Technology life-cycles including Software, Application and infrastructure life-cycles - Policy, Process and Procedure - with a focus on Agile and Dev Ops
- Risk Assessment, Risk Treatment Plan, Residual Risk Management
- Quality Management across Technology
- ISO27001/2 plus Technology Standards or similar accreditation's
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams towards task completion
- Leadership, influencing and negotiating
- Analytical - use of data and collation of evidence effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Manage multiple streams of assurance activity
- Engagement with peers, information security, wider Huntswood, Clients and 3rd Parties
- Previous Technology Controls Management experience
- Previous Agile Delivery or Quality Manager experience
To work with, Huntswood's employees are described as dependable, driven and collaborative. The job holder should be able to demonstrate they are;
- Confidential, reliable and genuine
- Dynamic, passionate and determined
- Friendly, compassionate and cooperative
"It's not just about what we do, but the way we do it. And it's our values that make us special."