An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technologist to join the world’s largest commercial manufacturer of cellulose diacetate films, utilizing specialized casting technology in their production processes allowing them to produce an extensive range of acetate films in a variety of gauges.
The Technologist will be responsible for delivering the project-based development of new products and processes to meet current and future needs of the business.
- To manage and evaluate product development ideas and opportunities from conception through to plant production, with specific emphasis and accountability for plant-based trials.
- To undertake the development of new products as a result specific customer, market or business requirements.
- Assessment and development of performance attributes of acetate film including optical, mechanical, thermal, chemical, electrical and audible aspects.
- Development of improved processes for the production of acetate film in line with business objectives.
- Provision of technical support to the production facility in a problem-solving capacity.
- Liaison with other members of the team to enable development projects, etc. to be translated into a production process.
- Implementation of news systems and techniques to ensure evolving business is effectively supported.
- Compiling and presenting reports based on project findings to communicate results and their future impact on the business to ensure that all plans are in line with objectives.
- Involvement in all safety and environmental initiatives within the business to ensure that internal and external standards, regulations and objectives are met.
Key Skills & Abilities required for the role:
- Degree qualified in Chemistry or Material Science combined with relevant experience
- Proven project management skills with the ability to turn an objective into a project plan and delivery against that plan.
- Assertive, realistic and objective with excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence and achieve 'buy-in’ from a wide variety of people in highly professional manner.
- Determination, tenacity and self -motivation to achieve objectives
- Astute judgment, able to analyse effectively, priories and make decisions in -line with business needs
- An enquiring mind with logical, systematic problem-solving skills, able to interpret data, identify patterns and trends and present appropriate solutions/options.
- A proactive approach to managing own workload and the initiative to act on ideas and development opportunities
- A practical "hands on" approach with a flexible attitude, able to fit in and contribute positively to a small team environment
- Good interpersonal skills, able to form productive relationships across technical and manufacturing functions
- Practical laboratory experience, ideally gained in a chemical, film manufacturing or related process environment
- A grasp of modern analytical techniques to include infrared and UV-visible spectroscopy, GC microscopy, XRF, thermal analysis and surface analysis techniques.
Desirable Knowledge & Skills:
Experience or working in a film manufacturing environment
Six Sigma Green Belt
This role is for a 12month temporary contract, but it may lead to a permanent position.
Our client offers a competitive salary (£20k - £25k depending on experience)
37.5 hours per week, excellent benefits package and free parking!
Please apply with cover letter and CV, suitable candidates will receive a response within 7 days.
- Production Processes
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'