18.5 hours per week (0.5FTE) / Salary: £19,727 (£9,836 pro-rata)
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. We have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
Facilities for learners and staff are amongst the best available anywhere in the country and our Construction Department is based within our purpose built Skills and Technology Centre.
We are seeking to recruit a technician to assist in the smooth running of the electrical installation department, based on the College's main site in Knutton Lane. The main responsibilities of the role will be to assist the teaching staff in the preparation and delivery of practical activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the teaching staff in the preparation and delivery of practical activities in the construction area.
- To be responsible for the storage, stock control and maintenance of tools, materials and equipment in the electrical installation area
- To ensure that all equipment is maintained in a safe working condition, making any repairs s/he is qualified to do, and reporting in writing to the Head of Department any defects or safety hazards and completing relevant service documentation.
- To assist teaching staff with practical sessions by working with groups of students to enable them to achieve the given task.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has the appropriate qualifications and experience in the electrical installation industry.
- Holds English & Maths GCSE or equivalent.
- Has a good working knowledge of relevant aspects of Health & Safety.
- Has good organisational and communication skills along with the ability to relate to all staff and students, and support students in a professional manner.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 24 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Technician in Electrical Installation, please click 'Apply Now' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is 2nd June 2019.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college-based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'