Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk
We currently have a number of opportunities for Technicians to join the team in Penrith on a permanent basis. We are looking for candidates who can support in the identification of asset specific needs and early solutions, while assuring adherence to defined asset policies and standards.
Day to Day:
* To support the identification and evaluation of asset specific needs in order to develop future maintenance, renewals and improvement solutions
* To support the development of asset renewals and improvement plans
* To input into the development of early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management
* To support the development of technical briefs provided to the design and construction contractor for improvement and renewals work
* To support the capture and maintenance of roads asset data and condition information in the relevant database
* To assist Project Managers and Engineers on construction site visits, as required
* Experience of working within a customer focused environment
* Evidence of effective communication skills
* HND/C or other relevant qualification with relevant experience, or equivalent
* Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
* Experience in highway infrastructure design
* Experience in AutoCAD desirable
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For further information please review the job profile.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"