Location: Luton or New Milton
12 month FTC
Closing date: 5th April
The Business Systems function provides business partnering, support and implementation services for multiple customers and internal stakeholders, across a range of business areas and units.
As a Technical Writer, you will provide expertise in communicating complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways. You will build our user, support and administration documentation for all business systems, working closely with support experts, administrators and users to present our systems content in an appealing and engaging manner .
What will you be doing?
- Create and maintain general documentation standards
- Manage the overall design, layout and operation of any knowledge repositories as required.
- Create process documentation that clearly and efficiently communicates concepts, ideas, and instructions
- Create systems documentation in the form of user manuals, administration manuals, support manuals and keep existing manuals up to date
- Translate information into clearly written procedures
- Work with SMEs to derive technical content and procure sign off on outputs and then own the structuring, writing, and archiving of bodies of knowledge as required
- Producing clear, concise and well-written materials in compliance with both internal and external standards.
- Engage in other knowledge or content related activities as defined by your manager.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and four pillars, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business:
What will you be like?
University degree in Information Technologies or Language Studies
- At least 3 years’ experience in technical writing
- Any experience of working in a Business Systems function beneficial
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of systems and their use
- Ability to quickly understand complex technical concepts and make them understandable through documentation
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills, structured thinking
- Excellent writing and speaking English language skills