Purpose of the role
- A technical writer takes full ownership of his or her projects to design, develop and deliver the required learning deliverables, such as user guides, online help and topics for support websites.
- This includes all necessary project management and communication activities, such as working with required SMEs, setting up meetings and managing workload and schedules.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of products, systems functionalities, business workflows and user audiences under your responsibility.
- Build working relationships with fellow writers and instructional designers, trainers, product managers, product definition and other colleagues.
- Actively monitor and respond to Incident Reports (IRs) and Problem Tracking Records (PTRs) for learning deliverables under your assigned area of coverage.
- When required, provide guidance and coaching to other writers.