Technical Writer/Technical Author - helping change the way we watch TV!
Our client is an award-winning provider of video streaming solutions to some of the largest players in the media industry. They build Next Generation TV services for broadcasters, sports federations and media companies using our in-house video workflow, service layer and app framework.
Their clients include UKTV, Sony, A+E Networks, AMC, News Corp, QVC and Box Nation to name a few. They rely on them to stream over 200 live TV channels and over 1m On Demand programmes both in the UK and across Europe. They are a well-funded and growing business with a start-up mentality seeking to hire the best talent.
As the Technical Writer/Technical Author you will be responsible for updating and creating technical documentation and instruction manuals. You will be responsible for owning and managing the companies complete internal and external product documentation and will become the companies go to person. This is a new and permanent position with exciting growth potential.
- Take ownership of technical product documentation * Shape the way in which documentation is created and managed, going forward. * Work with our, product owners and technical stakeholders to write, edit, proof-read and maintain various technical documentation including but not limited to release notes, feature guides and architecture concepts
- Document existing products for numerous audiences including marketing, and development
- Writing detailed information on their existing Content Management System, front end application templates and API's
- Manage customer facing documents to ensure its up to date and easy to use including onboarding, proposals and FAQ's
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At minimum of 2 years' experience as a Technical Author/Technical Writer in an Agile software organisation (ideally with both mobile/web products).
- Have a proven track record of translating technical subjects and jargon into understandable text.
- A strategic and creative thinker with an ability to absorb information quickly and to derive prioritisation from multiple inputs and assist various teams in a highly optimised manner.
- Enjoy working in an open, collaborative style both in management and cross-functional working and have a positive, solution-focused approach.
- Excellent command of English with a clear and concise writing style. * Superb interpersonal communication skills * A self-motivated individual with an analytical mindset, an inquisitive nature
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
NICE TO HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience in streaming or video, such as HLS, DASH and RTMP * Knowledge of mobile, tablet and TV platforms (Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV) * Commercial understanding or experience of technical documentation in a sales environment * Development background * Previous online repository work with Confluence
- What they offer!!! They believe in providing a creative working environment where people can grow, both professionally and personally. This is exhibited in their bright, open plan office is in the heart of Piccadilly. They offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- 25 days' holiday * Perkbox * Childcare vouchers * Direct pension contributions * Free lunch once a week * Friday treats (usually cakes) * Fresh fruit, tea and coffee and snacks (including beer!) * Regular free employee social events (food, drinks and often some kind of activity, such as bowling, table tennis, etc.).
- technical author
- English language
- technical writer
- release notes
- agile software
- technical specification guides
- instructional manuals
- application templates
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'