Do you have experience marketing or writing about technical topics (e.g., in engineering, technology or even medical arenas)? Are you a high achiever looking for a good work-life balance in a challenging professional environment? If so, my client, a leading independent PR & Marketing company could be the right place for you.
This is an office based role and you should be able to easily commute to their offices in Croydon on a daily basis.
A long-established and well-regarded B2B PR/Marketing agency whose clients range from blue-chip multinationals to mid-sized UK manufacturers and distributors - all of whom are leaders in their disciplines.
They are a vibrant and creative bunch, host regular socials and have a fridge fully stocked with drinks and chocolate in their games room and on their lunch break you may find them chilling there watching cheesy TV programmes. It’s the fun that drives their world-class work at the cutting edge of technology including tidal, solar and wind developments, electric vehicle chargers, robotic automation, energy storage systems, energy efficiency and productivity improvements and telecommunication networks.
To cope with increased demand, my client is looking for account managers to join the team and, to begin with, you will report into a more experienced member of assigned client teams and it is expected that, over time, you will take over increasing levels of client management responsibilities.
The role will include:
- Building positive, productive client relationships with industrial engineering and technology clients
- Generating press coverage for clients by writing jargon-free, attention-grabbing press releases and compelling articles of varying lengths which you will place in UK &/or international trade journals
- Working with our design studio and digital content teams to develop persuasive marketing material such as brochures, adverts, event displays, website material, e-shots and animations
- Active involvement with the agency's marketing, website, social media and sales activities
Desired skills and experience:
My client is willing to consider candidates without agency experience or from unrelated sectors if they are able to demonstrate they have the necessary transferable skills to be successful in this role. These include:
- The ability to come up to speed quickly on technical topics
- A proven track record in marketing or communications at a blue-chip B2B organisation (ie client-side experience)
- Exceptional writing capabilities
- Experience using social media to generate measurable results
- Excellent interpersonal skills as demonstrated through effective internal and external stakeholder management
For example, a recent hire demonstrated the above skills from her time as a management consultant to FTSE100 organisations and a brand manager at a global healthcare giant. She had limited agency or engineering experience but has transitioned well into the role.
Candidates must also possess:
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task within projects and across clients
- Good phone and interviewing skills
- Excellent attention to detail balanced with big picture thinking
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Willingness to receive, and act on, constructive criticism
- Commitment to improving skills as a PR/Marketing practitioner
- Strong "news sense"
- Interest in engineering affairs, technology and science generally
Ideally, and you would be favourably considered if you already have three years’ experience already as an Account Manager or a Senior Account Executive within a PR or Marketing agency most of it supporting professional, industrial, engineering, technology or similar B2B businesses and are looking to progress your career by taking on further team and client management responsibilities
Previous experience with marketing automation (e.g., through the Eloqua platform) and with PR software (e.g., Cision/Vuelio or Agility) is desirable but not essential.
If you need to discuss this role in more detail, please call Demon Recruitment & Resourcing in the Croydon office. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
Demon Recruitment confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Whilst we would like to personally respond to every application this often isn't possible due to the volume of applicants. Should you have not been contacted within 7 days you have not been short listed on this occasion. However, your CV may be held on file for future reference.