The Technical Vetter is required to vet all incidents logged in accordance with the Customer Support Process to ensure that we attend them with an intent to fix resulting, where possible, in a single visit to site within the customers confirmed service elvel, to rectify the fault. To provide technical support to engineers who encounter difficulties in the execution of the call plan thereby leading to a resolution on the fault.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Process calls based on individual technical skills
- Liaise with customers to collate detailed technical information
- Use & populate pre-determined script (Vetting templates)
- Make an accurate fault diagnosis
- Check the warranty status for defined kit
- Accurately convert manufacturer part numbers into Daisy stock codes
- Check stock availability competently, including alternatives
- Provide technical /parts support to Engineers
- Identify engineer competence issues and escalate appropriately
- Identify problem calls and engage with appropriate escalation points
- Provide training to new members of staff as required, where assessed as competently able to do so
- Undergo further or additional training, as identified by management as a consequence of process or application changes, introduction of new technologies, performance improvement plans or continuous personal development
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review Daisy Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Carry out any 'ad hoc’ assignments as and when required.
- To be compliant with health and safety company policy and legislation.
- Proven experience in a technical environment and a strong knowledge of HP, Dell, IBM and Fujitsu servers and storage.
- HP Desktop and Server accreditation
- Excellent PC Skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey information clearly and effectively.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to identify problem issues and determine the appropriate technical escalation/redirection within department guidelines as required to resolve issues
- Positive, self-motivated, enthusiastic
- Organised, able to manage time effectively and prioritise tasks.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet changing business demands and working environments.
- Knowledge of Standard Retail products.
- Knowledge of standard IT related products. (PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Servers).
- Knowledge and ability to use technical manuals
- Knowledge of Operating Systems
- Knowledge of manufacturer warranty systems and part lookup tools
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Technical Support
- Software Support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"