* Provide technical advice on accounting and financial reporting issues.
* Deal with technical queries as a matter of priority
* Provide technical advice on UKGAAP (UK General Accepted Accounting Practice), UK company law and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
* Take responsibility for the provision of technical support material in relation to financial reporting disclosure and associated matters
* Provide advice on accounting treatments for clients in other lines of service e.g. tax
* Liaise with partners and managers across the audit practice and ensure the department is trained on impending financial reporting changes
* Prepare and present technical material on developments in UK accounting and international accounting
* Review compliance in financial accounting for audit teams and provide input for audit file completion, including a technical review of the financial statements
* Ensure close working relationship with Technical, Compliance and Training functions within the firm
* Liaise with partners and managers across the UK, European and the international network of firms on financial reporting issues
* Review partners' internal and external technical material
* Identify training needs for Audit and Compliance
* Take responsibility for the development of the e-learning programme
* Review of technical queries for new or junior members of staff.
* Identify and follow through on operational improvements for the benefit of the team and the network as a whole.
* Be aware of and comply with the firm's policies at all times
* Record time accurately using the Practice Management System
* Any other duties appropriate to the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
* Be aware of the firm's risk management and practice assurance procedures and ensure compliance
* Ensure continuing professional development is up to date at all times
Attributes, Requirements, skills
* ACA qualified
* Strong current technical knowledge
* A strong understanding of audit requirements and methodology
* Experience of international accounting and audit issues
* Broad work experience, ranging from OMBs to listed companies
* Competent at using MS Office applications and Outlook
* Presentation skills and classroom training experience
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'