Reporting to the QA Lead, you will be part of a team working on the full development lifecycle. You will be highly skilled technical tester who would need to have experience with performance testing in a commercial environment as well as exposure to C# technologies and selenium webdriver.
What you’ll do.
Reporting to the QA Lead, you will be part of a team working on the full development lifecycle.
Where needed you’ll develop automated tests and work with the team to make sure we have the right functional and non functional coverage. You’ll also help the team to establish and maintain best practices for testable software.
You'll be joining one of several cross-disciplinary teams, observing the agile Scrum methodology and working closely with the QA team, UX, UI, developers, DBDs, Front-end (HTML/CSS) experts, Scrum Masters, Product Owners and, just occasionally, with Marketing.
What you’ll need
- Experience of performance testing using Jmeter
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining automated scripts using Selenium Webdriver
- Ability to collaborate with and present improvement and ideas to other members of the test team
- Conduct benchmarks to measure the performance and scalability of our product features
- Develop and publish performance testing plan/strategy and reports
- Measure and tune the performance of each release of our products
- Proactively search for and prototype performance improvements
- Identify and effectively communicate technical issues and risks using appropriate methods including defect management systems
- Liaise with SCRUM teams and performance specialists for guidance on technical issues, task breakdown, estimation and progress of testing
Other desirable skills
- Exposure to source control (git)
- Programming experience preferably C#
- Use of Jira
What you’ll get
At reed.co.uk, we’re big believers in encouraging creativity. In fact,10% of your time is dedicated to your personal development. Similarly, we run ‘Hackdays’ throughout the year, giving our development teams a chance to build something new from scratch. So whether it’s an idea for an innovative new app, or a ground-breaking new site you want to build, you’ll have every opportunity to reach your potential.
This role isn’t right for you if…
You don’t want to move your career forward
You don't like using your brain to solve complex problems
You just want to spend all of your day testing actual software
You’re more of a Sunday person
So if you want to work for the UK’s biggest recruitment brand and you’re ready to start loving Mondays, get in touch today.
*Other benefits include up to 30 days annual leave a year, childcare vouchers, a company pension scheme, personal accident cover, a personal development allowance and free eye tests.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job