Technical Systems Engineer
Location: Crewe, CW2 5PR
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 depending on experience
About the company:
Working with organisations from Defence and the Public Sector; SecureCloud+ has a proven track record of delivering end-to-end managed services at all tiers of the government’s IT security classification system, including TOP SECRET. We provide solutions that counter security threats against our country and the wider community. Winners of Megabuyte’s Awards for both ‘Overall Fastest Growing Company of 2018’ and ‘Best 10 Performing Data Centre and Hosting Services Company of 2018’ we are looking for professionals who what to nurture a career not just a job as part of a dedicated, innovative community.
We are currently seeking a Technical Systems Engineer. So if you are keen to join our journey and grow with us you will benefit from specialist training and development to become a highly skilled IT Engineer working on technically interesting IT Projects utilising virtualisation technologies
This position will play a key role in the support of a variety of innovative, accreditable, cost efficient and profitable solutions which comply with HMG’s security classification system. These solutions are operated at the company’s premises in Cheshire and are the foundation for the Company’s secure managed ICT services to MOD and other public-sector customers.
Duties of the Technical Systems Engineer:
- Systems Maintenance: IT Service, support and administration of SecureCloud+ managed service offerings, liaising with on-site support teams, outsourced service delivery partners and suppliers to maintain the service to or above contracted SLAs and Target KPIs.
- Service Management: To assist as a point of escalation on matters effecting the day to day delivery of SecureCloud+ managed services. To ensure the collation and preparation of service management customer reports as required.
- Network Operations Centre: manage, control and monitor customer networks and company internal systems. Assisting in maintaining optimal network operations across a variety of platforms and mediums.
- Customer Relationship Management: Act as a point of contact for customer enquiries, and where necessary liaising with the company’s preferred Service Delivery partner and the wider SecureCloud+ team to respond in a timely and professional manner.
Requirements of the Technical Systems Engineer:
Good Technical Experience of most of the following:
- Networking (Switching, Routing etc.)
- Security (Firewalls, IDS etc.)
- OS (Windows Server 2K8R2 & 2K12, CentOS & Linux in general)
- Applications & Services (Active Directory, Messaging & Collaborative Software)
- Backup/Restore Software
- Systems Management Tools (AD, WSUS etc.)
- Configuration Databases
- Mobile Device Management and Virtual Private Networks
- System audit and analysis
- Windows 2K8 and/or 2K12 Server
- Exchange Server
- SQL Server
- VMware Cloud Services (incl. VDI)
- Mobile Device Management (preferably Airwatch)
- Networking (CCNA/CCNP)
- Backup and/or Storage
- Enterprise Antivirus (preferably McAfee)
- Multi-Factor Authentication (preferably RSA SecurID)
Candidates must either already hold security clearance or be able to obtain it.
Technical Systems Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days per annum rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance and Critical Illness Assurance
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Technical Systems Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"