Do you like resolving problems? Have an excellent telephone manner, and have a microbiology background. This is an immediate hire for the New Year.
As a world leader the field of in vitro diagnostic, my client focuses on infectious diseases, providing automated systems and reagents for both medical analysis and product quality control in the Agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical industries.
They have an opening for two In-house Applications Support Specialists based at the Head Office in Hampshire. The team is made up of a small team in-house Application Specialists who report to the Application Specialist Manager. NB. One role will be offered as contract for up to 12 months initially to cover maternity leave. The other role is for 6 months and is an additional role to the team.
- Provide technical support for automated laboratory equipment and consumables and manual product ranges.
- Provide all elements of in-house technical product support for the designated product range(s), for customers or members of staff in all market sectors as required.
- Answer written or telephoned enquiries and complaints from customers and staff concerning the nominated range of products. Ensure that any necessary reports and documentation are generated and maintained.
- Maintain product, technical and professional knowledge. Attend company and external training courses and meetings. Keep abreast of relevant scientific literature. Be familiar with all relevant company technical manuals and literature.
- Assist in any other duties within the company as requested.
- Educated to degree level in life science subjects.
- Minimum 1 year microbiology laboratory experience
- Triage approach -able to resolve issue quickly and efficiently
- Confident, calm effective communicator
- Willing to undertake administrative tasks
- Possibility of permanent roleSkills and Qualifications:
- Good core knowledge of current bacteriology and virology methods and techniques
- IT proficient
- Good time management skills
This individual should be patient, proactive and strong. They will have colleagues pulling on their time as well as customers, they must be sociable and able to get on well with their colleagues across the organisation.
Contact: Michelle Singleton at AES for more details and or send your CV stating why you should be selected for this role quoting ref: MS 913715
This vacancy is being advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd. The services advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Whilst we make every effort to reply to all applications within a week, if you have not received a reply within 14 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Communication Skills
- Internal Communications
- Technical Support