You love solving puzzles. You’re logical and get a little rush when you discover the solution to a tricky problem.
You also love people. Interacting with people gives you energy, and you feel good when you’ve helped someone out.
You want a role where you can use your intellect and people skills every day.
We’reMoveware, and this is the role for you. We’ve developed a comprehensive series of web, mobile, and desktop applications that are changing the way the moving and storage industry work. We are the software industry leaders, providing an integrated service to mobility companies in over 35 countries, that tackles everything aspect of their business, including accounting, operations management, sales, CRM and scheduling.
Now we’re looking for an energetic support specialist to join our team, and we hope that search ends with you.
That’s where you come in
As our newTechnical Support Specialist,you’ll work with both clients and software to find fixes for all sorts of problems.
You’ll handle our level one and two tickets. Those range from simple technical issues to complex how-to responses. Level three and four tickets will have a clear path of escalation. Those are tickets where the bugs are complex, or the issue relates to development, customization or system infrastructure.
Using highly developed skills in time management and organization, you’ll track and administer our ticketing across departments, maintaining priority and sequence on urgent (and not so urgent) requests. Your work will improve our response times and customer satisfaction.
Naturally, customer service is imperative in this role. Our business depends on happy customers, and you’ll maintain customer satisfaction when the software isn’t quite operating to plan. Whether by phone or email, or on site, you’ll manage the customer experience as you help them through a range of problems.
Any familiarity with a coding language will help you learn our software and systems. You’ll develop the knowhow to distinguish, triage and act on bugs, user errors, and extraordinary issues. As you gain experience here, you’ll have a voice in the way we do and develop our business.
Beyond your expertise in customer service, we’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Communication -you go beyond basic customer needs, and bring personality to every interaction. Everyone puts down the phone feeling helped and happy.
- Time management -for you, everything has its place and its time. Whenit comes to tracking and organizing competing priorities, you’re strategic and consistent.
- Customer Service -whether you’re dealing with one cool customer or someone with a half-dozen axes to grind, you can deal with them efficiently.
Working @ Moveware
This is a full-time, permanent position with hours from 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You’ll have the flexibility for occasionally working remotely, if that suits your life. We do offer 24/7 urgent support. While after-hours requests are rare, you may be on call occasionally to manage a customer issue. The position offers a competitive starting salary, between £28,000 and £30,000 per year commensurate with experience.
Our company is young and growing rapidly. And we don’t believe in business as usual: at Moveware there’s no corporate hierarchy, so you’ll have a say in decisions that are relevant to your work.
We’re interested in people, not duty machines: if you’ve got something to add beyond your role, and ideas to change and improve your contributions, we’re all ears.
Here are our "must-haves:"
- Experience in technical support or help desk
- Degree/diploma in software, technology or similar
- Excellent communication skills and proficient English (verbal and written)
- Availability to travel locally and internationally
- An outgoing personality, with an always-ready smile for our clients
And here are our "nice-to-haves:"
- Experience in software development (any language)
- Experience in the moving/storage industry would be a big asset
- Any experience in project management
- Any second language
- Familiarity or experience with server infrastructure management and/or cloud hosting solutions such as Azure, Amazon or other
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person - not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the "Help" button in the application.
We will review applications,with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Technical Support