Technical Support Specialist - Staines - 6 month FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We are currently looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our Service Centre team in Staines on a 9 month Fixed Term Contract with a view to going permanent thereafter.
Accountabilities and Activities:
- To provide second line IT support to all users who have contacted the Service Centre ensuring that service levels are adhered to
- To maintain a high first-time fix rate when resolving incidents and requests, as far as possible
- To ensure that tickets are kept updated in a timely manner and to a good standard
- To ensure that calls are handled in a pleasant manner with effective communication
- To undertake any ad hoc tasks as allocated by the Service Centre Team Leader including travelling to other sites and occasional weekend project work.
- To be involved in other activity such as service introduction and business continuity testing
- To contribute to the Service Centre knowledge base
- To deliver training to first line and support to new starters and existing colleagues
- To actively participate in team and department meetings to drive continuous improvement and improve business satisfaction
- To attend desk side locations when problems cannot be resolved remotely
- To provide 24/7 on-call cover, 365 days per year.
- To keep up to date with changing and emerging technologies
- Work on Projects as required.
- Working a shift pattern may be required and could change over time
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
- Strong communication skills. Written, face to face and over the phone
- Good customer care skills and a proven record in customer facing roles
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software including Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2007 and above
- Strong knowledge of desktop/laptop hardware configurations
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, Citrix, Configuration Manager, VOIP telephony and networking
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server, Mobile Iron, mobile devices including Blackberry, Apple devices, Android and Windows Phone, NetApp Data Management, ServiceNow would be advantages
- Awareness of ITIL methodology
- MCSA Desirable
In return you will be rewarded with excellent benefits - including 25 days holiday, free healthcare, an onsite gym and a subsidised canteen. You'll also be supported in developing your skills with ongoing training and career opportunities.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit www.bupa.co.uk
- Active Directory
- MS Office
- Office 365
- Mobile Iron
- 2nd lline