Crawford Scientific are the premier supplier of chromatography services and supplies, this ranges from general consumables, instrument spares and columns to customised training courses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our in house Technical Support Team based at our Head Office in Strathaven. You will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to both colleagues and customers relating to our distributed chromatography product ranges and services. This is a temporary position, to cover maternity leave until the end of 2018, but could lead to a permanent position in the future.
You will have a strong chromatography background with practical experience working with HPLC, GC or MS techniques. Some experience in technical support or in a sales support role would also be of benefit. Given the client facing nature of this position it is essential you have excellent communication skills. You will be qualified to at least first degree level (Chemistry or related discipline) and membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry would also be of benefit.
- Provide part number and product information
- Give application support and column recommendations
- Perform troubleshooting of both separation and instrument issues
- Provide direct support to customers and colleagues
- Log cases using our internal database
- Liaise with suppliers about their product ranges
- BSc in Chemistry (or related discipline)
- 1 -2 years analytical chemistry experience
- Practical experience of HPLC, GC or MS techniques
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical Chemistry
- Gas Chromatography