TECHNICAL SUPPORT MANAGER
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire
Hours: 35 hours per week (Mon - Fri).
The role is to provide technical support to our global customer base (including within the MTS Global network) regarding UK, EU and global Regulations, specifications and test methods applicable to consumer products including textiles (apparel and home furnishings), toys, child care articles, etc.
Candidates must be well versed in textile testing methods and should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of a majority of the following regulations:
Fibre composition (UK, USA)
- Restricted substance legislation (including REACH, California Proposition 65, etc.)
- Nightwear flammability (UK, EU and USA)
- Flammability of furniture and furnishings (UK, EU and USA)
- Toys Safety (UK, USA)
- EU Personal Protective Equipment Regulations
- EU General Product Safety Regulations
The successful applicant will:
- Preferably possess a degree in textile science/textile technology and/or have ATI qualification or equivalent and have a minimum of 5 years in a technical role within the industry. Candidates with considerable technical experience but lacking formal qualifications will also be considered.
- Participate in the development and delivery of existing and new training courses for customers and internal staff on a range of topics relevant to the consumer product sector
- Support the quality and technical team in the maintenance and continual improvement of the quality management system - ISO 17025, ISO 17020 and Notified Body (Toys) - including carrying out internal calibration of apparatus, technical audits, and estimation of uncertainty of measurement.
- Support the laboratory staff in the development and expansion of testing services including delivery of staff training.
- Assist in the development and periodic review of customer performance specifications and manuals.
- Undertake textile testing, investigations and project work including the development and documentation of in-house test methods
- Participate in and support the operation of intra- and inter-laboratory correlation and accreditation schemes which HSTTS and MTS UK participate in and/or operate.
- Be expected to participate in relevant trade associations and standardisation committees.
Responsible to : Technical Director
Package offered: Competitive salary
HSTTS is one of the UK’s largest and leading consumer product testing laboratories and is part of Modern Testing Services (Global) network of laboratories in over 19 countries. Customers include the majority of major UK High Street retailers, plus suppliers, manufacturers, importers and small businesses. This new position has arisen as a direct consequence of the growth of the business over the last few years.
- Technical Support
- Safety Regulations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job