Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
You will be working within a team to answer technical questions and issues arising from the day to day activities of customers via telephone and/or email with occasional site visits, as well as assisting in the maintenance and support of current hardware and software. You are likely to be working on several projects at any one time. You will be working on aspects of a project ranging from specifying suitable hardware during initial consultation, through to implementation of software on the vehicle, and also installations on site.
- To provide first line phone support both in-house and out of the office on all products.
- To carry out site evaluations and suggest improvements to best resolve customer issues
- To carry out installations or retrofits of equipment at customer sites globally where required
- To create databases and media content for customers and agents for on board equipment
- To work with third party companies where required to ensure integration between on board systems
- To supply technical tuition to both customers and staff
- To produce documentation as required for future reference
- To work productively with other staff in the mutual achievement of Company goals
- Working closely with customers to ensure all customer requirements are met and in a timely manner
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Electronics or related discipline
- Knowledge and use of serial communication standards and protocols
- Knowledge of Linux systems
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Lua, C, C++, .NET)
- Knowledge of computer network setups (Windows servers)
- Experience of electrical and electronic system design (e.g. Circuit Diagrams, wiring)
- Experience of serial communication (e.g. RS232, RS485 etc) and Ethernet networking protocols.
- Foreign language skills desirable
- Previous experience in a technical support role dealing directly with the customer
- Previous experience in public transport and/or manufacturing industries
- Team player with a pro-active and flexible approach to problem solving
- Self-disciplined, good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Computer literacy in Windows and also Microsoft Office Suite
- Holds a full clean UK driving license or equivalent
- Willing to travel globally as required
ACS are recruiting for a Technical Support Engineer If you feel that you have the skills and experience required in this advertisement to be a Technical Support Engineer, please submit your CV including an outline of your experience as a Technical Support Engineer. It is always a good idea to include a covering letter outlining your experience as a Technical Support Engineer. with your application as this will enhance your chances of selection and improve your prospects of landing the Technical Support Engineer role you desire.
- "technical" "support" "electronics"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'