As Technical Support Engineer you will be working for a rapidly growing independent company based in Banbury, but with strong client partnerships throughout the UK. This opportunity would suit someone passionate about technology and people, someone who makes the IT support process fun and engaging. The purpose of this role is to connect with customers, build relationships and make the process of solving their 1st line and 2nd line support enquiries smooth running. It is all about delivering the best customer experience, whilst also enjoying the challenge of solving a problem. You will be responsible for assisting the team in resolving technical issues, both on site with customers, and from the office.
Action: what will I be doing?
- Managing inbound calls and emails in-line with company SLA using remote assistance software
- Assisting and educating customers in a polite, friendly fashion with the use of product features
- Completing detailed case notes in the CRM system
- Updating the company's database and producing user guides / videos
- Developing and maintaining detailed technical knowledge of the product portfolio
- Keeping up to date with changes in the industry relating to desktop and mobile operating systems
Measure: the skills I need…
- Preferably two year's customer service experience or technical role in B2C and / or B2B
- Excellent knowledge of office applications including document creation and spreadsheets
- Ability to monitor and communicate client status escalating issues via technical and sales teams
- Proactively able to solve customer enquiries
- Strong verbal and written communication skills within a professional environment
- Understanding of Remote Assistance software solutions, CRM applications and web based CMS
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows client operating systems including in-depth configuration settings and system management
- Ability to diagnose and resolve common Windows user issues and networking problems
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation
- Positive attitude and approach to tasks
- Proactive with suggestions
Opportunity: what's in it for me?
To be part of a hugely developing and highly respected company, as well as being an intrinsic part of the support team it is imperative you have a passion for IT, technology and people. This is not the type of role to hide behind a computer, you will be in amongst the team, talking about solutions, new ideas and innovative ways to move the support service forward. The most important area for consideration is this role is it more than a job - this is the start of huge potential within a massively growing company. To be successful for this role you will be experienced with 1st line helpdesk tasks as a 1st Line Support Technician, IT Assistant, or Helpdesk Assistant. Salary is £20,000 - £24,000 depending on experience, plus additional benefits including competitive holiday allowance, free parking and more!
Contact Hannah Nicholls: "I look forward to hearing from you!"
- 3rd Line
- IT Manager
- 1st line
- 2nd line
- Technical Manager
- IT Project Manager
- IT Team Leader
- Computer Manager