We are excited to be working with the UK arm or a leading European manufacturer of plumbing, heating and ventilation products to find a enthusiastic and motivated Technical Support Engineer.
This newly created position offers you the opportunity to test your full range of skills and knowledge in a varied and interesting role, the main purpose of which is to support the company's continued expansion into new markets by providing internal and external technical training and support to customers both over the phone and on site and to help in the creation of technical and sales literature.
You will be based in the Cotswold town of Burford, Oxfordshire, however you will be required to spend around three days per month providing on-site technical support and training across the UK.
Additional duties will include:
- Providing technical support by telephone and email to UK customers in the specification, installation and commissioning of products
- Helping to maintain and develop the company’s product support literature
- Carrying out office and site based training for account customers and staff
- Inspecting and reporting on faulty or returned products, following simple testing procedures
- Help sourcing product families, products and fittings to adapt the company’s European manufactured range
- Understanding customer and industry product needs and assisting in the development of new product ranges and/or upgrades to existing ranges
- Attending occasional training and meetings in Europe to ensure that product knowledge remains up to date
To be successful in this role you should be qualified in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering (degree or equivalent vocational qualification), with a proven track record within plumbing, heating or ventilation. You should have a logical and methodical approach to work, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to diagnose issues and present solutions.
You will have experience of working in a customer facing environment and possess strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to translate technical terminology and specification into layman’s terms.
- Communication Skills