This is an exciting opportunity to join an enthusiastic and dynamic team which offers the successful candidate opportunities for ongoing development and training.
An exciting and innovative ICT provider that drives innovation from flexible managed services through reliable wireless networks to integrated managed network infrastructure solutions who give customers greater choice and underpin their success.
The job role:
They are looking to recruit a highly service focused 1st and 2nd line technical support engineer to support and maintain their UK based customer managed services contracts, installations and service desk.
The successful candidate will have an advanced level of knowledge and experience in network, VOIP and security. In addition project management and planning skills are required with proven experience of managing technically complicated roll-outs across multi-user sites.
An in-depth understanding of and experience in network management of Cisco, Solar winds, NetXMS, HP Procurve, Ruckus, Meraki, Polycom and Mitel range of products.As the Technical Support Engineer your main duties will include:
- 1st & 2nd line technical support of voice, data and video networks
- Fault finding through to resolution and customer satisfaction
- Producing documentation, reports and diagrams plus record keeping
- Technical installation, testing and support delivering server load balancing, voice, video and data services
- Service Desk support and holiday cover, following ITIL processes
- Management of voice and data network backups to reduce impact of hardware failure.
- Providing 24hr on-call support by rotation
- Cisco CCNA - essential
- Cisco CCNP - desirable
- Advanced Cisco ASA firewall -desirable
- Prince 2 Project Management -desirable
- ITIL Foundation - desirable
- IT degree level or similar IT qualification is essential
To succeed in the role of Technical Support Engineer, the following skills and attributes are key:
- Excellent customer service skills, including written and oral communication
- Proven experience in an networking/IT environment
- Ability to work alone & within a small team
- Pride in themselves and their work.
- Highly organized with ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and SLA's
- Analytical and detail conscious
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job