G-Tec Distribution Ltd is hiring for a Technical Support Engineer!
A bit about us - G-Tec Distribution Ltd has been in the security industry since 2002, offering full CCTV solutions to the trade. We are a distributor of security cameras and other CCTV equipment. We focus on delivering quality products combined with competitive prices, excellent pre and post sales services, and marketing support. We're one of the fastest growing security distributors in the UK and are excited to be expanding our team. Hiring people who share our values is really important, as our culture is what makes us! The successful candidate will be working in a small, close-knit team and will have the opportunity to progress to more senior roles.
Company perks include free lunch once a week and paid birthday holiday!
Technical Support Engineer
Job Purpose: Assembling and configuration of Digital Video Recorders, and product testing and troubleshooting. Providing first line post sales technical support to customers for the following:-
- Closed-Circuit Television Equipment
- Networking for Remote Access Setup (Digital Video Recorders network configuration)
- IP systems software and implementation (including IP cameras and NVR setup and support)
- IP CCTV Systems (maintenance and support)
Responsibilities of a Technical Support Engineer:
- Responsible for providing a professional technical support 'help desk' service for all customers
- To provide product information, training and support on the phone and in person
- Prepare and provide product updates, information packs, and materials for distributors and installers as and when required
- Assist in new and existing product testing as and when required
- Oversee the work of the Assembly Engineer daily to ensure that hard drive quantities are topped up to the minimum level making sure that enough stock is available to fulfil order demands
- Assembling and configuration of Digital Video Recorders. Maintaining minimum levels needed on a daily basis according to schedule provided by management
- Handling all returns requests, ensuring that items are replaced or repaired within agreed service levels
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Office required
- Passionate, motivated and driven to meet objectives. Ability to maintain a high energy level and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Resourceful and adaptive with the ability to find innovative ways around obstacles and develop new approaches and/or methods
- Organized and disciplined time management skills. Ability to self-manage and properly identify and set priorities
Qualifications/Knowledge and Experience
- BS in engineering or any equivalent degree required
- Must possess direct expertise in the CCTV Industry
- Good IT exposure in networking for remote access setup for IP CCTV Systems
- At least two to three years recent experience in a similar role
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
If you think you would be a great candidate for our Technical Support Engineer vacancy, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
- Communication Skills