The role of a Avionics Systems Technical Support Engineer is to define the Technical Specification of the aircrafts within the Thomson Airways fleet and TUI Group Airlines where contracted to do so. You are to ensure a continued safe and reliable operation with the least amount of disruption. To support both Line and Hangar Maintenance with solutions to tasks that are beyond the scope of those laid out in the readily available manuals. Review manufacturers, internal company, and regulatory recommendations/requirements to ensure aircraft are compliant with regulations and perform to their optimum. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a friendly and efficient department that strives for continued success and increased efficiencies.
The Technical Support function is currently involved in the continued acquisition of brand new aircraft deliveries, of which the TUI Group, was the first UK airline to operate the new state of the art B787 aircraft.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be analysing Component Defect Reports and take action to improve reliability on the most cost effective basis, in conjunction with the Failure Rate Monitoring Programme. You will be carrying out selection and periodic re-evaluation of external repair/overhaul agencies for rotable components in conjunction with the Contracts and Quality Departments.
The role will also involve carrying out investigations in conjunction with manufacturers and overhaul agencies, providing the Engineering Finance team with detailed reports annotating financial spend against assigned projects and/or Modifications and evaluating Technical Publications to determine desirability and requirements, liaise with internal and external third parties from initial review through to embodiment.
You will also be investigating remedial or modification action to reduce persistent aircraft Avionic system defects, preparing modification Engineering Releases in conjunction with Design Department Organisations and advising and assisting maintenance supervision during manufacture and initial installation of Modification Engineering Releases. Monitoring in-service reliability to obtain optimum performance.
This role will involve performing project evaluation, control and implementation with full financial oversight as directed by management, recommending amendments to Maintenance Programme to achieve maximum cost-effectiveness or to meet changes in required maintenance inputs and carrying out technical evaluations and provide detailed responses for assigned Occurrence Reports.
You will represent the TUI Group at meetings with manufacturers and Airlines internally and externally, addressing action items in a timely manner. You will control aircraft field loadable software and evaluate Flight Data Recorder checks. You will be assisting the contracted Part 145 organisations in support of Avionic systems modifications and defect analysis.
What we are looking for
- Significant experience in the aircraft maintenance environment with proven knowledge and experience of working in or around a Technical Services department
- Desired qualifications but not mandatory, Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Licence, Degree, HND in Aeronautical Engineering or proven related experience.
- Proven record and knowledge of avionic/mechanical aircraft systems relevant to the aircraft types operated within the TUI Group.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Able to manage priorities and work to demanding timescales.
- Able to manage working hours to ensure the needs and demands of the role are fulfilled.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good facilitator.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Understanding of human factors.
- Understanding of business risks (business and financial).
- A good knowledge of health and safety requirements within an engineering environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and an understanding of the companies computer system AMOS is preferred but not a necessity.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK's largest tour operator with key brands including Thomson, First Choice and Thomson Cruises. TUI UK and Ireland's airline, Thomson Airways, is the UK's third largest airline with 61 aircraft operating to over 73 destinations in 20 countries. Thomson Airways was the first airline in the UK to take delivery of Boeing's 787 Dreamliner and is flying the aircraft on long haul flights. We employ a team of 13,300 colleagues, serving 5.2 million customers each year.
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 76,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV