Technical Support Engineer
Based at Head Office in Hertfordshire - travel 50% to customer sites across UK and Ireland
PRODUCTS: Scientific Cameras and Digital Pathology Equipment
- Support primarily the Systems Division with their Camera and Digital Pathology Technology
- 1st line support for digital pathology & camera customers - Respond to emails and phone calls from existing digital pathology & camera customers in regard to software and hardware support issues
- 2nd line support for engineer site visits - visit existing UK customers to resolve reported digital pathology system faults and undertake scheduled preventative maintenance and requested upgrades
- Presales support - Support the UK digital pathology and camera sales team with technical assistance in the areas of IT, system functionality and assist site demonstrations when requested. Liaise with sales engineers on potential customer upgrades to existing systems
- Set-up, pre-testing, delivery, training and installation
- Taking delivery of new digital pathology systems from our parent company in Japan and building the IT aspects of the system. In-house soak testing of new systems prior to customer delivery
- Visiting customer sites to commission newly purchased equipment and give customer training
- Manage scheduling of demo digital pathology systems and camera loans
- Test demonstration units prior to delivery to customers and pack ready for shipping.
- Ensure timely delivery and configuration.
- Test demo unit on return - manage any instances of equipment damage by customer
- Be able to perform customer demonstrations of all digital pathology systems and cameras using NDP.scan, NDP.view, NDP.serve. HCImage or other appropriate software
- (application knowledge is not expected).
- Keep all demo PCs running the latest available software for each package - update as necessary.
- Ensure only relevant data is presented on PC to be sent with demo systems.
- Minimum Qualification: HND Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Good knowledge of electronics together with experience of scientific imaging technologies and/or opto-electronics.
- You will have to diagnose faults in electronic circuitry and deal with mechanical system hardware. Computer literacy is essential and a good understanding of Windows PC OS 7, Windows Server 2008 & 2012 R2,IIS, RAID and LANs,is required.
- Knowledge of digital pathology mechanical systems would also be very beneficial.
- Able to demonstrate that you are highly organized, proactive and have the ability to work on your own initiative to meet team objectives and that you have good communication skills
- Must hold a full, clean UK Driving License
If you are interested in this position, please contact Penny Lilley at Zenopa for more information.
- Electrical Engineering
- Field Service Engineering