My client is looking for a technical engineer with experience in technical support. The engineer will be responsible for investigating a wide range of technical issues and will be a driven individual, that enjoys problem-solving and taking control of situations to drive home technical solutions whilst putting customer's needs first.
Some of the technologies you would be expected to deal with include Windows Server, VMware, Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Active Directory, and RDS. There would also be a strong need for networking knowledge which would be mainly, but not limited to, Cisco.
* Diagnose and fix IT issues.
* Liaise directly with customers regarding technical issues
* Log work and fixes into a helpdesk system
* Work with strict Service level agreements (SLA)
* Liaise with third-party suppliers.
* Perform patch management and service pack upgrades
* Install third-party application upgrades
* Assist with various departments such as technical services and our additionals team with new installs out of customer core hours.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
A highly motivated and conscientious individual, your main areas of responsibility will include:
* Incident management
* Resolve Technical issues
* Support customers and provide a great level of customer service
* Windows patching and service pack upgrades
* Firmware upgrades
* Software upgrades
A high level of technical skills is essential for this role, with a fundamental understanding of Networking, Server configuration, Active Directory, Exchange Management, Microsoft products, and virtualisation.
* At least 3-years experience in IT
* Integration skills and working with different departments (Provisioning, First line, Customer services)
* Good understanding of general server, storage, and networking technologies
* Good communication skills
* Good documentation skills
* Customer focused
* Able to work well as part of a team and individually
* Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies
* Decision making - displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment and include appropriate people in the decision-making process
* Highly motivated - Sets and achieves challenging goals
* Quality management - ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Although no formal qualifications are essential for this role, the successful candidate should have relevant work-related experience, attained a good all-around standard of education and have a good knowledge of current IT technologies.
Strongly desirable Skills/Knowledge
* Windows Desktop Exam (Windows 7+)
* Microsoft Server Exam, 2008 R2+
* Strong troubleshooting ability
* Networking fundamentals
- Technical support
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job