A Technical Support Engineer (Manufacturing) is required to support the internal sales team of a local manufacturing company.
Your role will include
- Respond to technical queries from consulting engineers, contractors, channel partners, end users and the internal sales teams.
- Participate in the rota for fast track out of hours call coverage.
- Advise/suggest best products to meet customer needs.
- Provide technical support to tenders and projects
- Participate actively in the company business system processes including Kaizen team involvement, problem solving, and recommending solutions to enhance and improve the quality of departmental and/or company-wide business activities
- Assist in the resolution of customer concerns by using the QA / Engineering investigation report into the product failure/concern and assist sales in communicating the findings to the end customer with the view to achieving a satisfactory resolution to the complaint at minimum expense to the business.
- Support in the development and delivery of a training plan and suite of training modules that will give our channel partners the ability to develop value propositions that will give the business a competitive advantage.
- Utilise your knowledge and expertise gained from your Civil Engineering degree or equivalent
Required for the role
- A Civil Engineering (or related) degree (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable experience in pipework type projects.
- Ability to demonstrate a technical understanding of water pipelines and civil engineering works in relation to pipelines
- Experience of technical report writing.
- Initiative, drive and a strong desire to achieve results combined with excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to commit to the out of hours rota
Located close to local Train and Bus Routes
- Civil Engineering
- Technical Support
- Water Systems