Job Title: Senior Technical Support Engineer
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Job Type: Permanent
We are looking for a passionate, pro-active, technically savvy Senior Technical Support Engineer who wants to develop their current skill set and help us to achieve our goals.
The Technical Services team in Belfast is part of the Broadband Network organisation within our client and delivers professional services and technical support for our products to customers globally. The team is multi-disciplinary, hands-on and involved in the product delivery lifecycle from pre-sales, through system design, integration, deployment and support.
The responsibilities of this post will include:
- Working on projects to deliver our products and solutions to customers
- Documenting solution requirements, functional and technical specifications and integration requirements
- Installing, deploying, patching and upgrading systems and software.
- Performing integration and configuration of products according to approved design documents
- Collaborating with other delivery teams to support deployments before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, issue resolution and launch reviews.
- Providing diagnosis and resolution of complex customer issues within timely and agreed timeframes
- Advising on all technical aspects of systems, being credible to colleagues, partners and customers and becoming a technical authority for services and project activities
- Creating and supporting system demos, trials and proof of concepts.
- Creating methods of procedure (MOP) and action plans for incident workarounds or patches
- Participation in out of office hours rota
You will have the following skills and experience:
- You will have experience in a similar role, with hands on experience of supporting applications in large scale complex deployments.
- Proven track record of working in a customer facing role
- You will be passionate about technology and be a technically competent all-rounder with the ability to quickly understand new technologies
- Knowledge/experience with IT infrastructures and server-based technologies, including Linux systems, Virtual Machines, Docker, orchestration, micro-services
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership, initiative, and drive.
- An understanding of, and working experience with, containerization using Docker and Kubernetes in a production environment.
- Networking knowledge/experience with Ethernet, routers, switches, hubs, firewalls, TCP/IP, NFS, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience working on windows
- Excellent stakeholder and customer engagement and skilled in working in a collaborative and transparent manner.
- Excellent organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good understanding of security technologies and architecture.
- Experience supporting systems using cloud-native technologies would be advantageous.
- Certification CCNA or equivalent is desirable
- Working knowledge/experience with Video origination, playout, processing and distribution over IP: studios, playout, head ends for Satellite, terrestrial, IPTV, OTT, transcoding, origin/packaging, CDN is desirable.
This role will involve some travel to customer sites.
- Technical Services
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'