Our client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of sophisticated software-controlled car park management systems. They have a presence in more than 60 countries and their innovative systems facilitate the management of parking in complexes globally and provide their customers with a competitive advantage.
They now seek to recruit a customer focused and motivated IT Technical Support Engineer, responsible for providing first and second line technical support for high value, PC-controlled capital equipment and developing customer relationships.
- You will provide remote telephone and email support to customers and engineers in the field and carrying out planned preventative maintenance and breakdown fault-finding and repair on a range of IT software systems utilised in ticketing and car park barrier systems / payment machines.
- On site IT support & configuration and commissioning of systems.
- You will have experience working with SQL databases and be able to configure and set up PC / Servers.
- Software training & production of documentation and user guides for customers.
- ANPR integration.
- You will also assist on installation projects from time-to-time.
- To apply you should have an IT technical support background. Ideally you will have considerable experience in PC architecture, data manipulation, wide area and local networks (including hardware / software installation and maintenance.)
- You should be competent in the use of MS Office and Server software.
- You will ideally have a MCP or MCSE qualification or be working towards it! Any Cisco experience will be highly advantageous.
- You may be qualified with a City & Guilds / HNC / HND or Degree in Computing / Computer Science / IT or Electrical / Electronics Engineering.
- You could come from the Security Systems - CCTV, Access Control, Alarm or Transportation / Mass Transit - Revenue Collection / Ticketing or ATM, Biometrics or gaming sectors. The ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) sector, Car Parking / On-Street / Off Street / Pay-on-Foot / Traffic sector, or perhaps a systems integration organisation or capital equipment manufacturer or a technical company who deliver project solutions to the Public sector for e.g. NHS, Police, Local Authorities or Retail sectors.
- Any exposure to coin-operated mechanisms, note validators, ticketing machines, payment machines, automatic barriers or gates, ANPR would also be beneficial.
- Ideally you will be located within commuting distance of their Head Office, which is in Sunbury on Thames, Middlesex as you will be expected to be in-house from time to time.
- This is an excellent opportunity to join an established company that values its employees. You will be provided with full product training and support.
- This is an ideal opportunity to further develop your IT / engineering career within an expanding global organisation.
- A starting salary c. £28,000 p.a. - £33,000 p.a. is accompanied by a package that includes a company vehicle, pension 3%, SSP + paid stand-by & overtime, phone and flexible working hours + 25 days holidays.
- Electrical Engineering
- Voice Networking