Technical Support Engineer (IP / VOIP)
Salary up to £22k
Hours of Work:
- Between 8am and 6pm MON-FRI
- On-call Rota for out of hours
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Technical Support Engineer to join a unique and exciting team based in Bolton.
As part of a growing technical team, you will be responsible for engaging with new and existing customers by using different management CRM's, telephone and face to face. As a technical support/helpdesk employee, you'll be monitoring and maintaining the voice and data IP networks within an organisation in a technical support role. Inbound work management is carried out by a ticketing system and duties will include, assisting the tech director with new projects, provisioning new customers and supporting throughout the life of the customers. Duties will also involve assisting the sales team with new opportunities on a pre-sales basis. You will advise on the adoption of new technologies from the independent IP voice and data network. As the client is a young, growing business in a thriving industry with a unique position. Ideas and general input will be welcomed and will really count towards business success in the company's coming years. This is a rare opportunity to be an integral part with a new, exciting and growing business to business voice network which can service all the UK and offshore market.
About The Team and Location:
- Company Director with over 15 years' experience in telecoms and business management.
- Technical Director with 15 years' experience in building IP voice and data networks for blue-chip organisations and internet service providers.
- The site has free parking and good access to M60 along with amenities close by.
- Break out room with TV/Xbox and kitchen on site.
The IP / VOIP Technical Support Engineer Role
- The Technical Support Engineer role will include the following responsibilities:
- Working with customers/employees to identify network data and VOIP problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Analysing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Working with data and VOIP interconnects / suppliers
- Monitoring core ISP network for issues
- Working with field engineers to visit customers if the problem is more serious
- Working with Linux servers that provide applications /services throughout the network
- Analysing VoIP traces with our monitoring tool
- Keeping ticketing systems up to data/customers updated
- Keeping project management system up to date
The Technical Support Engineer Candidate
- To be considered for our Technical Support Engineer role, our ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- An ability to assess each customer IT knowledge levels
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- An in depth understanding of the solutions and equipment your customers are using
- Experience or understanding of ISP networks
- Understanding of VoIP
- TCP/IP Knowledge
- Knowledge/experience configuring network/routers/switches (Cisco/Mikrotik)
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
IP / VOIP Technical Support Engineer Benefits
- The successful Technical Support Engineer will be provided with the following benefits:
- Be one of the first to join a young and rapidly growing independent business.
- Pension scheme.
- Be treated as an individual who's opinions and ideas really count.
Circle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Earn yourself a referral bonus if you refer somebody else who fills the role! We also offer an iPad if you refer a new client to us and we recruit for them. Follow us on Facebook - Circle Recruitment , Twitter - @Circle_Rec and LinkedIn - Circle Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'