Are you a Technical Support Engineer and you feel like you know the product so well that you deserve to become its Product Manager? Are API-related support issues something that you can solve in your sleep?
If you answered YES to these questions this is the job for you!
You will be joining the team in a Technical Support Engineer role but that is not where you will stay! The previous person doing the role was so great at learning our product that he progressed into a Product Manager role in less than 12 months.
As our Technical Support Engineer, you get the opportunity to work autonomously and drive customer satisfaction. You can imagine the responsibility and how important your work will be to ensure customers are happy!
IF YOU WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THE ROLE OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Solid understanding of how APIs work: you will be supporting a product that has a number of complex integrations a highly secure robust scalable product dealing. If you have worked on resolving issues around API integrations, checking API logs and solving performance issues around API integrations we will be ecstatic to speak to you!
- Brilliant Customer Support skills: you are so good at solving IT-related problems that you've ended up being the go-to person for your friends and family.
- Previous experience in a Support role for web-based software application: you will be dealing with a very complex custom-build product here and dealing directly with external users who are paying customers.
- Excellent communication skills: whether it be over phone and email you are comfortable dealing with all types of users and are able to charm them while also fixing their issue.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and explain them appropriately to business users: you will be the dedicated Technical Support contact for some very high-level premium clients, but they're not always technically-minded. Your ability to explain a technical process in plain English will be crucial.
- Curiosity and desire to learn: Hunger to learn and expand your responsibilities is key. Performing some UAT yourself is step one for you, way before you escalate to the Development team.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IF YOU JOIN US AS A TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER:
You will get to work on incredibly innovative products in a field that is still expanding massively and is in the news pretty much every day. The challenges that we solve are pretty exciting and you can see directly how they solve everyday issues around IT security!
We are still growing so your career progression is entirely up to you. Although you will be joining us in a Technical Support Engineer role, it doesn't mean you have to stay there! As we mentioned, one of our current team members already progressed into a commercial non-technical customer-facing Product role. That is certainly one option for your future development!
We are also planning on hiring more people in the Product Support team and that will require someone stepping up into a Team Lead role. If you are excited by the thought of motivating and managing others that's definitely on the table!
All of this expansion means you get to join a profitable growing company right before their global growth.
There will be a lot of expectations and responsibilities in the Technical Support role, but you will be an integral part of the business and as such given autonomy, authority, and support. If you like a challenge this is for you! Click apply so you don't miss your chance!
Talent Point is a Hiring Communications business, working as sole hiring partners with our customer. We've ripped up the rules and torn apart the job spec to give you total clarity and visibility, painting a vivid picture (approved twice, both at Line and C-level) of the way this company lives, breathes and behaves, and how your role will look over years not months. We present only three applicants for every vacancy so, where we do represent you, you have a very high chance of securing a role with pre-booked interview times to plan around, in-depth vacancy details and no delays. Are you ready to seriously invest in your progression? Let's design your future.
Talent Point is an equal opportunities employer and no terminology in this advert is designed to discriminate on grounds of gender, race, color, religion, creed, disability, age, sex or sexual orientation or any other class protected by applicable law.