Role - Technical Support Analyst
Location - Oldham
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Great opportunity within Pay360
About the role
Provide 1st and 2nd line technical support to both prospective and existing merchants
Provide 2nd line support to Client Management
Support the sales, client management & key client support teams with technical requirements
Support changes and releases into the Production and Test environments
Build & maintain strong relationships with the Systems Administration & Development teams
About Capita | Pay360
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Pay360 by Capita delivers customer payment services designed to improve how and where our customers receive payments. Our services are delivered across both the public and private sector, covering a multitude of payment channels from e-commerce and telephony to onsite Chip & Pin and Contactless devices.
What you will do:
- Ensure that ticket queues are managed effectively & responded to within agreed service levels
- Provide technical integration support to clients, focussed on minimising the time it takes for merchants to go live following sign up
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support to existing merchants promptly & accurately
- Drive service improvements targeted at reducing call volumes and improving the quality of support provided to clients
- Provide best practice incident management of issues impacting our merchant base through to resolution, including escalation within the business & communication to merchants
- Work closely with the Systems Administration & Development teams to ensure that support tickets are being handled in a timely manner
- Represent Pay360 as the technical lead in client facing meetings, calls & presentations as required
- Configure various servers in a Linux environment specific to Pay360's various applications
- Interrogate log files to triage communication problems between client side servers and Pay360
- Query production databases to run reconciliation reports for the management team
- Build POST requests in JSON, HTTP, SOAP and XML for various test cases specific to the Pay360 Hosted and API integrations
- Manage and prioritise your workload in accordance with the various response SLAs
Your experience will include:
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Experience in support and diagnosis of internet protocols
- Previous technical support experience
- Strong log analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of SOAP, XML and JSON
- Strong knowledge of HTML
- Strong knowledge of MySQL & database queries
- Strong knowledge of Apache Tomcat server architecture
- Use of Unix command line for file handling
- Previous experience of Linux based systems
- Qualified to ITIL foundation
- Experience in online payments, in particular supporting a diverse sector of verticals.
- Experience of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience of web scripting (PHP/ASP/.net/Cold Fusion).
- Experience with service monitoring and alerting
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- MySQL & database