Technical Support Analyst
£25k to £27k per annum
Alecto Recruitment has a fantastic opportunity available for a budding Software developer or Experienced Tech Support analyst to join our clients team.
Following a period of organic growth our client are now looking to bolster their Technical Support and IT Systems team. They are looking for someone to compliment their technically competent support team.
Historically our clients support team was mainly customer service orientated meaning that a lot of the technical support function fell to the software development team, however recent company growth dictates that the next addition to the team will have to be technically competent.
Currently the New team comprises 1 Technical Support Analyst and 1 Technical Support Apprentice.
The right candidate will be responsible for supporting the cloud based system that provides real time vehicle tracking information to users along with comprehensive driver behaviour and fuel saving reports.
The successful Candidate will sit and work very closely with the IT Systems team which consists of another 2 people. The IT systems team take care of a lot of internal development and also facilitate a 2nd line technical support role to shield the development team from day to day issues.
You will be personally Mentored and Trained by the Technical Director to bring you to a level where you are able to support most Technical issues that users may encounter.
There is a genuine progression opportunity with this role as the right candidate could be considered for the Technical Support Managers Role once the team reaches the required numbers.
The role would be suited to someone who enjoys working with technology and wants to further their skillset.
Someone who enjoys investigating problems and feels a sense of reward when they are able to resolve them.
This role could also be suited to someone who has been working in technical support environment but wants to get their foot in the door towards a software development career.
Due to the technical nature of the role, our client encourages people to get involved in the software development side of things and can mentor them in that area if they so wish.
Responsibilities of the Technical Support Analyst role will include areas such as:
- Taking and logging support calls in the existing ticketing system (currently Zendesk).
- Talking to users to fully understand the nature of any problems that are reported and their impact.
- Keeping users updated throughout the life of the ticket.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving support calls that are logged with the team
- Sometimes this may require technical skills such as using SQL.
- Some issues may be more complex and require escalating to 2nd line support.
- Investigating, diagnosing and resolving hardware faults with equipment that is returned by our engineers following a service call to a vehicle.
- Identifying reoccurring issues and trending tickets in order to proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Must have previous technical support experience, being able to speak to users and fully understand a problem.
- Must have good written a verbal communications skills.
- Must have experience with the Microsoft office suite of applications.
- Previous experience with SQL would be desirable.
- £25k to £27k per annum
- Private Healthcare for all employees
- Pension Scheme (Client will contribute 2% of salary each month, increasing to 3% in April 2017 and 4% from April 2019)
- Cycle to work scheme available
- Free onsite parking
- Frequent 'Pizza Friday's' and all expenses paid social nights out for the company as a whole.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
- Technical Support
- 1st line support
- Software development
- Hardware fault diagnosis
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job