The Technical Support Analyst will be very strong in the following four areas and qualifying questions will be asked to all potential candidates on;
- Active Directory
The successful Technical Support Analyst will have responsibility to implement, support, and monitor the overall technical infrastructure as well as establish new servers/architectures/platforms/networks with the aid and support of technical consultants as necessary, resolve end user requests, and install, diagnose, repair and maintain all hardware and networking equipment to ensure optimal system performance. Ideally you will be from a cross platform background and have excellent windows experience as well as Linux covering Servers and Networks.
As the Technical Support Analyst you will:
• Provide third line technical support including out of hours support on a rota basis agreed with the Technical Support Manager
• Manage workload which should be authorised through the call management system, ensuring calls are regularly updated throughout their lifecycle
• Provide assistance with the delivery of new technical projects which may be conducted under a matrix management arrangement with another member of the management team
• Install and configure new elements of the infrastructure as required
• Ensure adherence to the Infrastructure Change Control Procedure at all times.
• Travel to any UK Mail or customer site as required in the course of fulfilling the above duties
• Manage the movement of IT equipment in and out of Birmingham storage, to customers or other company sites, and for recycling in order to keep the stockholding of new and end-of-life equipment to a minimum.
An excellent knowledge of Microsoft applications - Windows 2008/2012, SharePoint, Group Policy admin, MS Office, MS Security Model, IIS, SCCM is required.
Additional knowledge needed in the following areas is desirable;
Networking – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, F5 hardware load balancers
Backup – Commvault Simpana
Any Linux experience in the following would be desirable, Red Hat, Fedora Core, CentOS, Apache, Postfix, Nginx
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job