Salary: C32k plus benefits
Hours of work: 40hrs per week as required by the business
Purpose of the Technical Supervisor:
To conduct site visits and scope potential works, prepare job pack documentation and supervise a team of Industrial Services Operatives as allocated to you from time to time (on a job by job basis) and assist management to provide a professional service as required by clients in a cost-effective manner.
To promote the Company to achieve a higher profile in the Industrial Services sectors and help develop the business to increase the Company’s market share.
Responsibilities of the Technical Supervisor:
- Involving commercial/Industrial suction, cleaning & jetting services as far as the team and equipment specifications allow
- Scoping of works and provide assistance to enable accurate quoting
- Writing and issuing of RAMS (risk assessments and method statements)
- Supervise personnel as allocated to you:
- Ensure allocated staff are fully trained and competent to carry out their roles
- Conduct regular meetings in order to implement change and provide update on legislation and working procedures
- Carry out work site inspections at irregular intervals to ensure strict compliance with safety legislation, Company policies / procedures / RAMS and customer requirements
- Scrutinise allocated operatives’ timesheets (weekly)
- Carry out vehicle and equipment spot checks
- Liaison with existing customers to ensure continued good working relations and take action to improve service quality
- Be available at all times to respond to new and existing customer requests
- Control spending on resources for works within your control:
- Limit Agency staff, subcontractors & hire equipment by maximising own workforce/equipment in all operations
- Active and efficient time management of workforce
- Travel to and overnight in locations as required by the demands of the works
- Perform the duties of an Industrial cleaning operative as and when required by the demands of the business
- Provide 24hr cover on a rota basis as required
- Develop new business (through liaison with Sales Managers) to increase market share.
Requirements of the Technical Supervisor:
- Cat BE driving licence (Cat C desirable)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of the industrial services industry
- Proven track record of effective dealing with external customers
- Experience of managing safely in an operational working environment including producing risk assessments and method statements
- Knowledge of industrial services cleaning equipment
- Pollution awareness to be able to respond to spillages
- Computer literate to perform duties (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Numerate and literate to process paperwork associated with post.
- Traffic Management (Lantra Award)
- Management qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent or higher
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid at Work (3 day course)
- Confined Space Entry to C&G High Risk (Rescue desirable)
- Water Jetting to WJA standard
- Pollution Control/Spill Response
- Asbestos Awareness.
Benefits of becoming the Technical Supervisor:
- 33 days holiday a year including Bank holidays
- Bonus – 5% of Salary
- Death in Service 4x Salary
- Mobile phone.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Technical Supervisor role then please apply now!