Salary: C32k plus benefits
Hours of work: 40hrs per week as required by the business
Purpose of the Technical Supervisor:
To conduct site visits and scope potential works, prepare job pack documentation and supervise a team of Industrial Services Operatives as allocated to you from time to time (on a job by job basis) and assist management to provide a professional service as required by clients in a cost-effective manner.
To promote the Company to achieve a higher profile in the Industrial Services sectors and help develop the business to increase the Company’s market share.
Responsibilities of the Technical Supervisor:
- Involving commercial/Industrial suction, cleaning & jetting services as far as the team and equipment specifications allow
- Scoping of works and provide assistance to enable accurate quoting
- Writing and issuing of RAMS (risk assessments and method statements)
- Supervise personnel as allocated to you:
- Ensure allocated staff are fully trained and competent to carry out their roles
- Conduct regular meetings in order to implement change and provide update on legislation and working procedures
- Carry out work site inspections at irregular intervals to ensure strict compliance with safety legislation, Company policies / procedures / RAMS and customer requirements
- Scrutinise allocated operatives’ timesheets (weekly)
- Carry out vehicle and equipment spot checks
- Liaison with existing customers to ensure continued good working relations and take action to improve service quality
- Be available at all times to respond to new and existing customer requests
- Control spending on resources for works within your control:
- Limit Agency staff, subcontractors & hire equipment by maximising own workforce/equipment in all operations
- Active and efficient time management of workforce
- Travel to and overnight in locations as required by the demands of the works
- Perform the duties of an Industrial cleaning operative as and when required by the demands of the business
- Provide 24hr cover on a rota basis as required
- Develop new business (through liaison with Sales Managers) to increase market share.
Requirements of the Technical Supervisor:
- Cat BE driving licence (Cat C desirable)
- Supervisory experience
- Experience of the industrial services industry
- Proven track record of effective dealing with external customers
- Experience of managing safely in an operational working environment including producing risk assessments and method statements
- Knowledge of industrial services cleaning equipment
- Pollution awareness to be able to respond to spillages
- Computer literate to perform duties (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Numerate and literate to process paperwork associated with post.
- Traffic Management (Lantra Award)
- Management qualification at NVQ level 3 or equivalent or higher
- IOSH Managing Safely
- First Aid at Work (3 day course)
- Confined Space Entry to C&G High Risk (Rescue desirable)
- Water Jetting to WJA standard
- Pollution Control/Spill Response
- Asbestos Awareness.
Benefits of becoming the Technical Supervisor:
- 33 days holiday a year including Bank holidays
- Bonus – 5% of Salary
- Death in Service 4x Salary
- Mobile phone.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Technical Supervisor role then please apply now!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job