Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 12,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Technical Specialist - Microsoft SQL Server DBA
£36,225 per annum (rising to £39,253 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 12,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Microsoft SQL Technical Specialist will assist in the development and delivery of IT services across the Group. You will work within the wider team to complete daily checks & work on support as well as spending time working on both team and business focussed projects.
The role of Technical Specialist will include –
- Managing various SQL versions from SQL 2008 to SQL 2016
- Ensuring the on-going maintenance, performance, availability and continual improvement of database estate
- Automating manual processes, keeping documentation updated, configuring and updating SQL servers, securing databases and disaster recovery / business continuity solutions.
- Carrying out database related projects in line with business requirements.
- Liaising and building rapport with customers, external suppliers and other key stakeholders
Skills and experiences –
- SQL DBA experience
- Experience of SQL 2008 / 2008r2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- High Availability solutions including Availability Groups & Failover Clusters
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Installing & configuring new SQL servers
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- Ability to organise, plan and work independently
- Other desirable skills include SQL Reporting Services, creating SSRS reports, PowerBI, PowerShell, Oracle 12c experience, MySQL 5 experience, Azure database solutions / migrations & TDE / Always Encrypted
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counseling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 16 March 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.