Technical Specialist - Mass Spectrometry
On behalf of our client, we are looking to recruit a Technical Specialist in Mass Spectrometry to provide specialist LC-MS/MS support in the conduct of a metabolite identification phase of metabolism studies for new product development based on global regulatory requirements.
- BSc in Chemistry or related subject is essential, with a PhD being desirable
- LCMS expertise for a range biological samples including peptides, proteins, oligonucleotides and mAb
- LC-MS/MS data interpretation skills (especially large molecules)
- Sample preparation skills for preparation of large molecules for LCMS analysis (e.g. digestion)
- Chromatographic method development
- Metabolite identification by MS (including top down and bottom up methodologies)
- Large molecule catabolism and analytical techniques
- Knowledge of protein chemistry
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment (GLP/GCP)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting analytical and metabolite identification work for both regulatory and non-regulatory in-vitro, in-vivo, clinical, biologics and environmental fate studies to successfully fulfil all the requirements of a study to the timelines stated in the Study Plan/Analytical Work Plan, under direction of the Study Director or Analytical Project Manager.
- Responsible for the development of LC-MS/MS chromatographic methods within the group and to act as an expert consultant on the development of chromatographic methods within the wider Metabolism Department.
- Planning, supervising and conducting of experiments (including protein characterisation) in support of metabolism biological group.
- To act as a supervisor/instructor in areas of expertise; provide troubleshooting assistance and technical training (including writing and review of training materials) for less experienced members of staff in method mass spectrometry, method development and HPLC instrument set-up.
- Interpret the relevant data and prepare accurate scientific study updates/technical documents and contribute to report generation.
- Work with Study Director/Analytical Project Manager on client communication, contributing scientifically to client discussions, as appropriate.
- Keep up to date with technical developments in specialist area recommending new techniques and working with management to compile justification for Capex projects.
- Comply with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and/or Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements whenever appropriate to the work being undertaken.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Mass Spectrometry
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"