Technical Software Specialist
Our client provides specialized computer software to the packaging industry. As part of its services, their customers purchase training services, on-site assistance and consulting services. This position directly supports each of these functions.
The role would require the successful candidate to travel within EMEA approximately 25-50% of the time, based on project timetables, which opens opportunities to see some fantastic places. Depending on your location you may be office based or home based. The company has offices globally and offers the opportunity to progress and travel.
Our client believes in investing in its people and therefore will support you with a full, in-depth, comprehensive training, operating a buddy system.
- Provide technical assistance to software users
- Answer questions or resolve software problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote location.
- Where qualified may provide assistance concerning the use of computer or other hardware (RFID scanners, printers) and software, including printing, installation and operating systems
- Provide technical computer training & train client staff in use of computer and related equipment
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of software and related hardware
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
- Install and perform minor repairs to software, hardware and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
- Answer user's inquiries regarding software and hardware operation to resolve problems
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support
- Consult with staff or users to identify operating procedure problems
- Conduct computer diagnostics to determine nature of problems
- Perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment
- Install software, hardware or peripheral equipment and test these systems against specification
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems. Configure computers in industrial or manufacturing setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- 3 Years of professional experience
- Corrugated or Folding carton industry experience
- Both technical and administration background is acceptable
- Complex Problem Solving
- Instructing and speaking to a group of people
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Operation Monitoring and analysis
- Service Orientation
- Social Perceptiveness
- English Language, additional language skills preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional image
- Detailed working knowledge of products and our customer's business
- Proactive and pre-emptive approach
- Ability to prove to our customers (by deeds and actions) that "we care"
- Determination to ensure issues are followed through
- Documentation of all customer contact events through the systems provided
- Written reports on on-site training and other activities.
- Constant striving to identify areas for product and procedural improvements
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Application of special knowledge with discretion and judgement
- Other related duties as required
You will receive an attractive basic salary up to £45k (negotiable) depending on your experience along with 25 days holiday, pension & healthcare
Hours are to suit business and customer requirements
Cloud 9 Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency
- Customer Service